all-in-one or separates?

M

mightyal

I'm about to get a home cinema set-up and am not sure what will work better.
I have a pair of ruark talismans which I could use as front speakers. I have about £700 to spend max on everything and am wondering if I would be better off buying an all in one system( sony sc6 looks nice) or trying to integrate the talismans using say a marantz 5400 amp, with maybe mordaunt short or wharfedale rears and centre. oh and a dvd player of course.
My concern is how well the speakers will work together.

with a bit of care, separates will sounds so much better you wont believe it possible. Even with little thought, the separtes are likely to be on another planet

ad

mightyal

Welcome to the forum :)

Used / Ex-dem is a great way to make the budget stretch.

Seperates are the way to go.

As the centre is very important try to get one to match your Ruarks, say the Epicentre or Dialogue I used £150ish.

Haven't heard the Marantz but it has a rep on here of being better than average with music and also good with AV. Around £350 consider the Denon 1804 and Pioneer 812 or 912.

Toshiba 330E DVD is around £80 leaving £120 for cables and rears - some used Mission / Monitor Audio Dipoles should do the job or the makes you suggest.

If you can spend a bit more the Pioneer 565 is DVDA and SACD as well for around £200.

Gus

thanks for your advice. I was leaning towards separates and just needed a push:rolleyes:
re 337GUS 's advice to look for a 2nd hand ruark centre can someone point towards somewhere to look (I can't see any online ). I guess I'll see wats in the newsagent 2moro

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
just wanted to say thank you for the help. I'm up and running now. 2nd hand speakers was definitely the way to go. My system comprises panasonic s75 player, marantz sr5400 receiver, talisman fronts, dialogue 1 center, icons as surrounds and sounds fantastic. I ended up well over budget but hey.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom