Question All in one or rear speakers? Not sure whats best for the shape of the room. Newbie questions.

ron swanson

Hi.

I've mounted my new TV (a 55 inch 4k Sony) and am looking for the right home cinema/soundbar system to go with it. While I am suprised at how decent the TV's own speakers are movies are just missing a certain spark when watching them.

The wall behind the viewing area is sort of an L shape which I think if going for something with surrounds would ideally mean having to wall/ceiling mount them.

Because the sofa is half behind the wall half not. I am concerned that speaker stands would get knocked over by either me or the dog or if they are heavy enough would mean me stubbing my toe on them repeatedly.

Would I need something capable of passing through 4k or would I be spending extra on something I don't really need and instead be better off not plugging my consoles and skybox straight into the TV instead.

I'm really not sure given the shape of the viewing area if I should scrap the idea of Rears and look for a good soundbar and subwoofer or if I could make the rears work properly.

Just after some advice as I don't really want to spend money on the wrong thing.

keithwiggins

Hi.

I've mounted my new TV (a 55 inch 4k Sony) and am looking for the right home cinema/soundbar system to go with it. While I am suprised at how decent the TV's own speakers are movies are just missing a certain spark when watching them.

The wall behind the viewing area is sort of an L shape which I think if going for something with surrounds would ideally mean having to wall/ceiling mount them.

Because the sofa is half behind the wall half not. I am concerned that speaker stands would get knocked over by either me or the dog or if they are heavy enough would mean me stubbing my toe on them repeatedly.

Would I need something capable of passing through 4k or would I be spending extra on something I don't really need and instead be better off not plugging my consoles and skybox straight into the TV instead.

I'm really not sure given the shape of the viewing area if I should scrap the idea of Rears and look for a good soundbar and subwoofer or if I could make the rears work properly.

Just after some advice as I don't really want to spend money on the wrong thing.
Its a difficult one to advise on and really you would need to try something ideally at home to understand if it would work well in your enviroment.
I will reccomend though as a starting point what i own, a beosound stage, its an all in one and delivers to my ears the best sound in its price catagory, Richer sounds now stock them along with tysons, if you buy on line you have 14 days to return unsuitable purchases, good luck.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom