1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All-in-one ... or not?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by PC_112, Apr 12, 2005.

1. PC_112

PC_112

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hello, I have a small apartment and soon I will be getting a 42" plasma. I need great sound for movies and OK sound for music.

I was offered the following separates combination for 850 pounds:

Denon DVD-1710
    Denon AVR 1705
    5 B&W VM1 Speakers
    B&W AS1 Sub

I know I can get an all-in-one for much less. Would an all-in-one of up to 450 pounds be much worst than the above setup? Or the difference is not enough to justify the extra 400?

The guy that offered me the above system was also selling the Denon DHT-500SD and said that the separates is way better. What do you think?

2. kismet110

kismet110

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +389
    It looks like a very decent setup but I will say the Denon is very good vfm. I bought it a few weeks back and the soundstage is excellent, as is the look/feel of the thing.

Bet thing about seperates is you can upgrade components individually and 'grow' your system if you move.

I think though, if I were in a small apartment, I'd be inclined to go for an all-in-one use the spare cash on something else as the 500SD should be more than good enough for your needs.

ALI