All in one for £350? Right way to go??

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Vipen, Oct 27, 2003.

1. Vipen

Vipen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I need suggestions. money is a bit tight, and tbh, i think an all in one would fix things for me. i want surround on my xbox and dvd viewing. i have a seperate amp and speaker for music which i want to keep (mission 753s).

my all in one would have to have small satellites, so i can place fronts on top of my hifi speakers.

i want a fairly powerful system, i had a look at the philips lx3700d, seemed a decent sound, was maybe powerful enough but only on full power.

is there anything i can buy with a little more oomph, i don't fancy maxing out a system just to get the required effect.

i thought about the sony davs550, haven't heard it, it's got a bit more power. maybe not even available now, not sure.

anything new on the horizon to check out? it's a shame there is no av speaker package that includes the amp but not the dvd in a very small package because dvds are so cheap now.

2. daviedee

daviedee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the panasonic sc ht900 is a good system, 600 watts rms. mulsti-region 419.00 quid. the speakers are not wot u r looking for but the reviews for it are outstanding.
    or the thomson dpl950vd at 350 quid (average price in review mag) gets a good 4 out of 5.
    if u get this months what video and wide screen tv mag they will give u reviews on a few all in one systems

3. daviedee

daviedee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  4. Vipen

Vipen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    cheers daviedee, i'll have to get this months mag.

the panny looks good but possibly too much with my hifi speakers in the same room (floorstanders).

i can't find any info on the thomson, is it new?

anyway, any other suggestions welcome.

the amp/speaker way is too bulky. i meant a slimline amp (very thin like new dvds) with satellite speakers. haven't seen one, have you?

5. bonzobanana

bonzobanana

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +220
    Pioneer DCS303 is one of the most powerful all in ones with decent sound quality too. It only has s-video out for the picture though. www.pantheronline.co.uk do it for about £230 plus postage but it is a deleted model now so is getting harder to find. The DAVS550 isn't as powerful as you think. It has a digital amplifier which is good on detail but not dynamics and really doesn't produce that loud a sound compared to other systems that on paper are less powerful.

6. Vipen

Vipen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    i've got s-video inputs on my toshiba tv so should be ok, right? what is the thing with s-video then? i'm not too up to standards with this, i only know rgb scart is good.

and i also say the Sony HTDDW750 on their website. looks pretty good and beefy, anyone know anything about this. it's under £300 as well.