1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"All in one box " or separates ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by fatih, Oct 19, 2001.

1. fatih

fatih

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I would like to buy a home cinema system. I have a budget around £ 1,000 and my living room around 20 square meters.

I have read lots of review and lost. It seems to me Pioneer NS DV 77, Sony DAV S800 and Denon AV-F100 are ok. They are "all in one box" system. I don't know if separate system is better than the all in one box system.

I would very much appreciate if any one can help me which of above is better or with my budget can you suggest a better separate system.

thanking in advance
    Fatih :confused:

2. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    All in one units are awful.

Poor connectivity (often no scarts and/or no optical or digital co-ax and few analogue inputs).

No upgrade path and if one part goes wrong, you loose the whole lot.

Generally, you will find that seperates will be of better quality too. Especially at the budget you are willing to spend.

Avoid them like the plague. They are aimed at Dixons/Comet market for people who know no different.

3. Stevieg606

Stevieg606

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Im with you stick to seperates! So much better quality just start your system off with the DVD (thats half way there!) then when you have enough go for the amp/receiver and speakers.
    Steve

4. fatih

fatih

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks so much for the advice,

Then can you set up for me a separate system ( DVD, receiver and speakers ) with my budget around £ 1,000.

Thanks
    Fatih

:p

5. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Take a look at richer sounds website and you will be able to work out your pricing from there. I am not saying use them to buy (unless you wish to), its just their site is easy to follow and they do have a couple of good offers on at present.

Once you have narrowed the options down, come back with the shortlist.

6. hobbes

hobbes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Here are a few pieces of kit that might be worth researching.

DVD- Pioneer DV-444/545, pretty much identical but 545 has better cd playback, 2 scarts and a better remote. Picture quality as good as some mid range players.

Receiver - Yamaha RXV-620, very popular receiver, can get the amp version (dsp-ax620) without tuner for about £40 less. Getting a bit long in the tooth though.
    Or Marantz SR5200, has PLII, DTS EX, another higly rated receiver

Speakers - Mission M73 speakers, good all rounders, without blowing the budget. Or Tannoy MX series. New Wharfedale diamonds are rated highly.

Any option of the above comes to about a grand.

Shaun.