1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All in 1 with PW7?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by farshad, Mar 28, 2005.

1. farshad

farshad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everybody
    Confession: I am confused and have a very limited experience in A/V.
    I have been browsing online and reading threads for few days now, and the following:

-Denon DHT550SD (compact, good reviews everywhere, also available as multiregion)
    -Samsung HT-DB1850 (stunning, also the price!!)
    -Jamo DVR 50/A305PDD (looks like old B&O, but much cheaper)
    -Marantz Hollywood (is not all in 1, so it can be opgraded at a later stage)
    -Pioneer DCS-525 (Wireless rear speaker)
    -Pioneer NS-DV1000 (sophisticated design)

are chosen because of my Budget (£1000), reviews, my limited knowledge and the design (ALL what it matters for the lady in the house!!)

:lease: help me with these questions:

1)- Which one of the above systems is best with PW7 and Sky+?

2)- If this sound system bought in US, is it compatible here in UK or other countries like Spain or Australia?

3)- What (else) do I need to buy to connect all in 1 system with the panny? scart board? cables? ...

4)- Difference between Panasonic TH-37PW7 and Panasonic TH-37PW7B? Originally chose a better Plasma (Pioneer 435) but change mind, as I am moving to another country in 2 yrs (probabely to Australia, Spain or Caribbean ..., don't know yet!)

5)- Anywhere you know I can test these (with the panny)?

and 6)- HOW DID YOU DO IT? I FIND THIS SOOOOO CONFUUUUUSING...

Many thanks in advance for any advice

2. MattyKHZ

MattyKHZ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Have the Denon 550 and think it is great. For 550 quid multiregioned from Superfi, could not ask for more. Stands are 50 quid a pair and 6th speaker is 50 quid. Then still have some to play with for component cables and perhaps better speaker, sub and optical cable to really make it sing.

Can't comment on the others but look at the following when deciding:
    1. Total cost including budget for cables required, upgrade of freebies which are given free for a reason.
    2. Future proofing. Does it meet your processing and channel needs (550 is 6.1 ready)
    3. Connectivity. What do you hook up sky via, if coaxial don't think Denon has that only optic connections.
    4. Aesthetics.

I also looked at Teac Legacy 800 which looks perhaps better than the Denon especially with Silver speakers and stands but an older machine with no 6.1 etc so Denon won.

3. farshad

farshad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Dear MattyKHZ
    Many thanks for your reply. If possible, can you please explain just a bit more about 3. Connectivity, because I am not sure I understand. Do you mean the cables used to connect? As explained I don' t have much experience in this field (and I want to get the best!!)
    Hope for other viewers comment, as I am stiiiill very confused! :lease:
    Good night :boring:

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    farshad for the amount of money you are spedning you could have a system that beats the hollywood (very poor build IMO) in the form of Pio VCXS402 DVD575 and Canton CD1.......full upgradeable flexible and sounds great.................

5. farshad

farshad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Hornydragon
    thanks for your recommends. sounds like good choices ... I will make more research now.
    Would really appreciate if you (or other readers) could comment my other questions.
    have a good day
    Farshad :cool: