1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All I want is to be LIVE with no wires!!

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by bob mushroom, Jul 10, 2004.

1. bob mushroom

bob mushroom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Today i bought a belkin Wireless Network access point and an Ethernet bridge.

I have a Thompson Speedtouch router already so I thought (after shop advice!!) Plug in WAP to Router then plug bridge into XBOX hey presto....

NO!!

I have plugged my WAP into the router and done nothing - I understand I must then plug Bridge into PC through network connection to get the WAP and Bridge to talk then I can plug into XBOX, the problem is I don't have Network card.

I am going to buy a network card tomorrow (PCWorld!) dii I have to get anything special?

Once I have set-up, plugged in and matched together is there anything else or not I have to do?

This is frustrating and I suppose I just need a step by step guide , can anyone help?

Thanks

Bob

2. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,313
    Theres always the official site here.

This site isn't specifically about wireless, but it helps clear up some of the networking terminology used (it got me up and running!). Hope that helps!

3. bob mushroom

bob mushroom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    all sorted - thanks