All DLC now revealed...

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Born in Bristol but now in Newport, (for my sins)
Incase anyone isn't following IWs Twitter feed, all of the MW3 DLC has now been revealed.

On 16th Aug, we get 2 Maps (Decomission and Off Shore) as well as a SpecOps Mission called Vertigo. And Terminal from MW2 too!

This week (7th Aug) the 360 got their next set of DLC which is 2 SpecOps missions called "Light Em Up" and "Special Delivery" as well as a new game mode called "Chaos".. But I don't think any of these are MP.

And then on 6th Sept, the last of the DLC comes out, as 3 Maps... Gulch, Boardwalk and Parish.

So after the 2 maps we get this month, we have to wait a further 2 month (Mid October) until get get the last 3 maps.. And then thats it.. Its all over and we can look towards BLOPS2.

I can safely say that for me, the whole concept of 'Elite' has been a disaster and unless anything changes, there is no way that I am going to subscribe again. And in truth, I am not even sure I can be bothered to play any of the new Maps, as the game has gone down hill rapidly for me!

Jon

Last edited:
Same thoughts as me. Elite has been a complete waste of time and money.
Good concept, executed badly.

Same thoughts as me. Elite has been a complete waste of time and money.
Good concept, executed badly.

Interestingly, I doubt if anyone would disagree. You just have to look at the numbers playing the Elite play lists when maps come out to recognise what an absolute shambles it was.. But will Activision acknowledge the mess they made of it and more importantly make changes.

To be fair, it was still good value for money.. Even though I hate MW3, I would have bought all of the map packs.. So the amount I paid for Elite was slightly cheaper than if I had waited for the 'collections'.. But they way they were drip fed and implemented in the playlists ripped all of the fun out of them.

That combined with the inherent flaws in MW3, its made the entire experience horrible!

I agree with you on the account that its definitely cheaper to get Elite if you were going to get all the DLC.

However, after the first DLC pack came out, with the game running really bad and the maps being horrible, i really wished i hadnt forked out for elite.
I havent bothered to download all the DLC on launch and i only do it eventually because i have already paid for them. It was my choice, i know, i have learnt my lesson now.
It sounded like a good concept but along with MW3 itself being god awful and the fact us PS3 owners still got left in the dark like mushrooms with release dates it soon went sour for me.

I agree with you on the account that its definitely cheaper to get Elite if you were going to get all the DLC.

However, after the first DLC pack came out, with the game running really bad and the maps being horrible, i really wished i hadnt forked out for elite.
I havent bothered to download all the DLC on launch and i only do it eventually because i have already paid for them. It was my choice, i know, i have learnt my lesson now.
It sounded like a good concept but along with MW3 itself being god awful and the fact us PS3 owners still got left in the dark like mushrooms with release dates it soon went sour for me.

Believe me I agree.. I am a glutted for punishment and have downloaded ALL of the maps, but none of them have done anything other than make the game worse for me.. But I can't not download them and if I didn't have Elite, I would have been paying and I think I would have regretted it even more.

Lol I have Elite on the 360 and not downloaded a single map. So that was a waste of whatever I paid for it.

Elite has been fairly rubbish TBH the way they have drip fed maps is beyond a joke they should have released all the MP maps by now so we have a few months playing them before BLOPS 2 takes over.

I can't really bitch though, I got the game and Elite FOC due to play.com taking too many preorders. All I play is MW3 so I've had my 2 pennies worth that much is sure.

lol @ Maps being released in October when BO2 will be out in November. What a joke.

The Microsoft deal really screwed things up.

Wish I could get a refund. Took so long to get working that I had stopped playing the game......

Shocking implementation on this.

Its been a joke, launch was rubbish and the entire system is quite bland considering older games like Halo and Killzone done it before.

For a game that sells billions of dollars in cash they seem to be getting away with a lot of crap. Haven't played MW3 in months, each game got worse. MW2 was the last worthy game to grace the franchise.

Its been a joke, launch was rubbish and the entire system is quite bland considering older games like Halo and Killzone done it before.

For a game that sells billions of dollars in cash they seem to be getting away with a lot of crap. Haven't played MW3 in months, each game got worse. MW2 was the last worthy game to grace the franchise.

In your opinion.
In my opinion, Blops is far, far superior to MW2.

Everything else you said, i agree with though.

Nezben said:
In your opinion.
In my opinion, Blops is far, far superior to MW2.

Everything else you said, i agree with though.

Yeah, Blops did cater for campers and noobs ;-)

Date for final mack pack has been revealed.. Its Oct 9th for Elite where we get the final 3 maps.. And then the Collection #4 comes out the next day (with the last 5 maps) for paying customers.

With 5 weeks left after this until BLOPS2 it hardly seems worth it!

Jon

Every time I turn on MW3 it seems I have a few hundred megs of maps to download.

I just find it a chore.

If they are going to do Elite for Blops they should forget about the monthly stuff and just have the regular quarterly map packs.

Every time I turn on MW3 it seems I have a few hundred megs of maps to download.

I just find it a chore.

If they are going to do Elite for Blops they should forget about the monthly stuff and just have the regular quarterly map packs.

They also need to change the way that you download them if they stick with Monthly maps.

Right now, there is a 'store' built into MW3, but it just takes you to the PSN Store.. So you have to load MW3.. Go to the store.. Download your maps (remembering which version of MW3 you have).. You then exit back to MW3, but then you have to exit the game, to let them download.. Then when you hae done this, you load the game again, only to remember you have to "install" them, so you have to exit again. Install the maps.. And then re-launch MW3 again.. Its a pain!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom