1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*ALL*Denon DHT500 owners

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by bluevortex, Sep 11, 2005.

1. bluevortex

bluevortex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Please can you help me.

I recently purchased the DHT500 to use alongside my panasonic plasma. I am happy with its performance when watching digital tv, xbox etc through the analogue settings. However, when i watch a dvd the sound is generally awful quality. First off its quiet, i need to turn it up to between 50 & 60 and i get a very annoying crackling noise every few seconds thats bugs the hell out of me. I try and cycle the sound options (which i end up doing most of the movie, to my girlfriends annoyance!) but i can't seem to improve sound quality and rid that nasty crackling noise.

This is ruining my viewing, has anybody had these issues?? Could someone be so kind as to post what settings they use for DVD. Any advice would be greatly recieved.

Thanks guys

blue :rolleyes:

2. tubelight

tubelight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a similar problem with my first unit - exchanged it for another one that runs fine. However, the rear speakers will crackle if you use Dolby PL mode with a 2 channel stereo source. Re volume settings, digital 5.1 sources need to be cranked up more than FM or CD-AUDIO on this model so that is normal.