All day everyday IEM recommendation?

scanz

Distinguished Member
I'm looking for an all day everyday IEM. One which i can wear during work listening to Zoom, music or a stream and then use for gaming in the evening. Music wise I listen mostly to drum and bass, electronic and the like - occassionaly go through phases of listening to the entire catalogue of Final Fantasy music, but that's a rarity :)

I'm coming from some Shure 215s which are on their last legs and in general everyday use have been relatively fine, although by the end of the working day if they've been in my ears all day there's a bit of tiredness there.

Budget wise anything up to £400 would be ok, I'd like an upgrade from the 215s.

I have done some brief research and honestly was just going to jump into the Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusks given they seem to represent incredible value, however, I've seen numerous comments about them being quite large, heavy and not particularly well suited to all day everyday use. So now I'm a bit stuck on what to go for and open to recommendations please!

ostewart

I'm looking for an all day everyday IEM. One which i can wear during work listening to Zoom, music or a stream and then use for gaming in the evening. Music wise I listen mostly to drum and bass, electronic and the like - occassionaly go through phases of listening to the entire catalogue of Final Fantasy music, but that's a rarity :)

I'm coming from some Shure 215s which are on their last legs and in general everyday use have been relatively fine, although by the end of the working day if they've been in my ears all day there's a bit of tiredness there.

Budget wise anything up to £400 would be ok, I'd like an upgrade from the 215s.

I have done some brief research and honestly was just going to jump into the Moondrop Blessing 2 Dusks given they seem to represent incredible value, however, I've seen numerous comments about them being quite large, heavy and not particularly well suited to all day everyday use. So now I'm a bit stuck on what to go for and open to recommendations please!

For that kind of music the Campfire Audio Honeydew are mighty fun, not neutral but very engaging and full bodied.

More neutral tuned are the Westone Pro X30 - they are sooooo comfy for long listening though.

scanz

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the input. I've been looking into various reviewers and ratings over the past week and they all slam Campfire quite heavily, so wasn't considering them. So far I've got my list down to Tanchjim Hana 2021, Shueor S12, SeeAudio Yume Midnight, Sennheiser IE300, Mangird Tea v2 and then a bit over budget the Dunu SA6. None are particularly bassy, but very highly rated when it comes to overall quality and comfort.

Last edited:

ostewart

Thanks for the input. I've been looking into various reviewers and ratings over the past week and they all slam Campfire quite heavily, so wasn't considering them. So far I've got my list down to Tanchjim Hana 2021, Shueor S12, SeeAudio Yume Midnight, Sennheiser IE300, Mangird Tea v2 and then a bit over budget the Dunu SA6. None are particularly bassy, but very highly rated when it comes to overall quality and comfort.

I'm surprised, which reviewers? Crinacle? Yeah he doesn't like it when companies create more interesting and unique sound signatures over the Harman curve/his own personal curve. Anything wildly different and he hates them. I personally quite enjoy how Campfire make earphones they like - not that follow a particular curve.

Campfire Audio have incredible support and build quality, which factors in to the price over some of the Chinese brands.

Dunu make some great models, and I have enjoyed quite a few, but have not heard the SA6 - and I do like a lot of the Chinese brands, the Thieaudio Legacy 4 is quite impressive for the price.

scanz

Distinguished Member
I'm surprised, which reviewers? Crinacle? Yeah he doesn't like it when companies create more interesting and unique sound signatures over the Harman curve/his own personal curve. Anything wildly different and he hates them. I personally quite enjoy how Campfire make earphones they like - not that follow a particular curve.

Campfire Audio have incredible support and build quality, which factors in to the price over some of the Chinese brands.

Dunu make some great models, and I have enjoyed quite a few, but have not heard the SA6 - and I do like a lot of the Chinese brands, the Thieaudio Legacy 4 is quite impressive for the price.
Yeah Crinacle is one of them, also Resolve and Precog at The Headphone Show / Head Fi and a couple others. I'll look further into Campfire myself though :)

Yes Thieaudio have quite a few impressive options at various price points. Very tempted by the Dunu SA6 despite it being slightly over budget.

ostewart

Yeah Crinacle is one of them, also Resolve and Precog at The Headphone Show / Head Fi and a couple others. I'll look further into Campfire myself though :)

Yes Thieaudio have quite a few impressive options at various price points. Very tempted by the Dunu SA6 despite it being slightly over budget.

This is one of the main reviewers I like to read from, I hear things very similarly to him and he does provide a lot of detail:

psikey

Distinguished Member
For years I've listened with my Shure SE846's and the most comfy for me even though I also have a set of higher-end Noble K10U's.

I recently wanted to try a single Dynamic Driver (over BA) so picked up a pair of Fiio FD7's with 12mm solid Beryllium diaphragm, and honestly amazed how good they are, and as comfy as my SE846's.

Excellent solid silver cable with interchangeable plugs too and broad range of tips. Been listening with them most this last few week. Build quality/design is stunning.

Normally over £500 but when I posted link below £449.00

Amazon product

Reviews and pictures of what you get here FiiO FD7

Last edited:

scanz

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the input all. I've opted for the Dunu SA6, which'll take a few weeks to arrive from Linsoul. In the meantime I picked up some Sennheiser IE300 off Amazon yesterday, as they're currently £107 off rrp.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom