All credit to Sennheiser

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Figment, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Figment

Figment

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    We all have our gripes about receiving bad service so its nice to be able to report good customer service and give credit where it is due.
    My Sennheiser RF Headphones HDR 45 Died the back end of last year. Assuming they only carried 12 months warranty and they were about 15 months old I had a play about with them, removed the transmitter base etc to check for dry joints all to no avail so gave up and left them to one side.
    At the recent Bristol show I asked a Sennheiser rep on their stand if it was worth getting a repair. He then enlightened me that all Sennheiser products actually carry a 24 month warranty and told me to return them to Argos from where I had purchased them. Luckily I had kept the receipt and packaging and trotted off to town. Surprise surprise Argos didnt want to know stating company policy was only to honour 12 months regardless of manufacturer.
    A quick email to Sennheiser who advised me to return them direct to them would result in a replacement pair being sent to me. This I did and a few days later received a letter saying I would get "the repaired item" back in about 3 weeks. Having already been told they would be replaced not repaired I fired another email off to them pointing this out. The reply arrived asking if I wanted a set of new RS120 straight away or wanted to wait a few weeks for the more upmarket but out of stock RS130. I chose the RS130 and waited. FedEx arrived today with my nice new cans to replace by what this time was my 23 month old ones. :clap: Nice one Sennheiser :smashin:

2. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Always nice to hear that decent customer services does exist :smashin:
    Alot of the time its how you ask IME ... Paul ;)

3. Figment

Figment

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Yes. Always helps to mention the AVForum to methinks :D

4. HighlandeR

HighlandeR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok bad for Senn for not listing on there product its got a 24 month warranty, sure there wasnt a warranty piece of paper on the inside saying this?

if not then tut tut to them, cos then its not Argos fault since unless the product states it clearly they honour a 12 month contract and have right of way.

Still props for Senn for sending out new one altogether...