All Creatures Great and Small (Channel 5)

Rasczak

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
A new rebooted series of All Creatures Great and Small is being made by Channel 5:

The original BBC drama is a classic that I never tire of watching and I think I might struggle watching a new series. How can anyone ever follow Robert Hardy as Siegfried? Still, will give it a go when it arrives.

Already set on my PVR!

Just a quick reminder for everyone that this series starts today - 9pm on Channel 5.

Fingers crossed it is good 🤞

Well I'm not ashamed to say it but........... I really enjoyed it. I have fond memories of watching the original series as a boy and was hoping they didnt spoil it for me and they didnt, roll on next weeks episode. Oh and Rachel Shenton 😍

Just had the chance to watch it myself and have to say I agree...it was enjoyable. They even kept the original theme tune (at the end anyway). A good solid start.

Probably the last appearance of Diana Rigg in the latest episode as Mrs Pumphrey, with her pampered dog. Fitting farewell to a great actress who will be missed.

Imdb have her down for 2 more productions after this.
Presumably later in the same series?
33054844-8722455-Dame_Diana_Rigg_wowed_audiences_in_her_final_role_as_Mrs_Pumphre-a-84_1599828...jpg

Just watched the last episode last night. It is very enduring in an innocent sort of way.

Series 2 is expected soon it seems, according to an announcement on C5 that I saw the other day. No specific date yet though.

C5’s most successful show ever apparently, not a high bar to be fair, but not surprised.

C5’s most successful show ever apparently, not a high bar to be fair, but not surprised.

So it's either countless shit implausible thrillers or this lazy comfort food.

They're surely mulling over remaking The Darling Buds of May.

Well I just checked, ITV have already got their socks on
PRI_190645529.jpg

Perfick! :rolleyes:

I love this series. Like Call the midwife , viewers it captures the essence of that era , and it’s nice to wallow in the nostalgia of the time when things were simpler. If I were nit picky, i’d say why was the dinner put out on the table to get cold a long time before the guests arrived, ( unless the dishes were then put in the oven to keep warm) plus when James was checking the bull, he took the thermometer out, didn’t wipe it and stuck it in his pocket!
I was disappointed in Siegfried humiliating Tristram at his birthday dinner party in front of guests, when he had been so nice to him earlier. . How I wish he’d told him at the time so he could have retaken the exam.

I tend to catch it later on demand - rarely watch Channel 5 shows and never live

Noticed Patricia Hogg replaced the late Diana Rigg last week as Mrs Pumphrey, owner of Tricki-Woo

Yeah, I think that’s the only C5 show I watch. Never live though.

My Mother in Law came to visit for a bit, and I was asked to find her something to watch. I stumbled upon this, and (with some trepidation it was going to be the normal Channel 5 fayre) put it on.

I have to say that I can't think of a TV series I have enjoyed more in many years. It helps that I am a Yorkshireman, and but from the first class acting, glorious cinematography it was absolutely first class in every department.

I have also learned that Series 3 has gone into production in March, so I'm very much looking forward to that being released.

Netflix could learn a lot by watching this.

Channel 5 remaking a much-loved old favourite, what could possibly go wrong?

Much to my surprise, absolutely nothing, turns out C5 can make really good shows when they want to. Just a pity they don’t want to a bit more often :D

Just a pity they don’t want to a bit more often :D
But we'd be deprived of all those royal documentaries with the same 'experts', or yet another new unofficial Queen documentary featuring some bloke who was John Deacon's milkman in the sixties, or The World's Most Expensive Sheds with Chesney Hawkes.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom