1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

All Columbia Tristar movies released on BluRay from 2006

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by richard plumb, Apr 2, 2004.

1. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,026
    There was an announcment a couple of days ago that makes it very likely indeed that the Playstation 3 will utilise BluRay discs (at least read only ones).

At the same time, Columbia Tristar (Sony) announced that they would be fully behind Bluray, releasing all of their DVD movies also on bluray, in HD.

They cited the growth and availability of HD displays, and also the increasing numbers of HD movies being broadcast by the likes of satellite channels.

OK, so now I have my HD-DVD source (PS3) and display, now I just need my HD TV broadcasts. Maybe this will finally give the Beeb or Sky movies a kick?

2. kenji-san

kenji-san

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think the ps2 did alot for the dvd, so when ps3 comes out (and most likely it'll sell as well as ps2), then suddenly everybody owns a hd-ready unit , just begging to be hooked up to an appropriate hd-screen. This surely must drive the demand for hd-content, both screens and broadcasts.
    I think the potentional the ps3(i.e. bluray) has for the hd-market is greatly underestimated.
    Ps3 will be like a sneak attack of hd-hardware into the massmarket, nobody knows about it, but they will love it! :cool:

3. Jonny1973

Jonny1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's hardly a surprise that Sony Pictures (aka Columbia Tristar) are supporting Sony's BluRay DVD format.

Now I can't wait for Spider-man 3 in 1080p.