All Alba boxes recalled from retailers

All Alba boxes have been recalled from retailers for a software/firmware upgrade and may take a week or so to reappear in the shops.

ijd

Novice Member
is it right that alba make all of the boxes, some just get labelled with bush and the like, so are these boxes affected as well, Oh dear great start:rolleyes:

mrbleu

Novice Member
The Alba group has a number of brands, Roadstar, MinistryOfSound, Bush and Goodmans for example, and Grundig which is a joint venture with the Turkish company Beko.

They tend to get their stuff manufactured in the far east, doing deals with OEMs, in many cases they do not do any R&D but simply badge engineer existing products. But I'm not sure if the same is the case with Grundig, due to the shared ownership of the brand and Beko having it's own manufacturing capability.

J L Jones

Standard Member
is it right that alba make all of the boxes, some just get labelled with bush and the like, so are these boxes affected as well, Oh dear great start:rolleyes:
Yes.
Earlier this week, my local Comet told me that the Grundig SD box would be in today. It was, but they'd been forbidden to see them, but not told why not. Enough was enough, so I bought a Humax. I'd had more than enough of the secrecy that much of Freesat believes in.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom