All 4 on You View - Sony TVs

vinn

Novice Member
Hi viewing catch up TV on Sony A80J through you view. No issues with BBC iPlayer or ITV hub but a problem with All 4 - audio description is on by default and there doesn’t appear to be anyway to turn this off. I’ve tried using the audio button on the remote and also looked at accessibility in the settings but no luck. Anyone have any ideas??

gjd000

It's an All4 problem. Happens on my Roku too.

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Why are people accessing All 4 via Youview when it is simpler just to use the installed app directly which does not have this problem? (XH9505)

vinn

Novice Member
Why are people accessing All 4 via Youview when it is simpler just to use the installed app directly which does not have this problem? (XH9505)
There is no installed app on Sony televisions apart from through the Youview app (and this only since 22nd December, previously no apps at all for mainstream UK channels). Believe me I’ve looked. I have a 2021 TV that used Google TV. I’m guessing it was different in the past and you have an older TV.

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
There is no installed app on Sony televisions apart from through the Youview app (and this only since 22nd December, previously no apps at all for mainstream UK channels). Believe me I’ve looked. I have a 2021 TV that used Google TV. I’m guessing it was different in the past and you have an older TV.
My TV as said is a 2020/21 season model XH9505 purchased in April 2021. All mainstream catch up apps are under Sony Select in the Home screen and work fine.

vinn

Novice Member
My TV as said is a 2020/21 season model XH9505 purchased in April 2021. All mainstream catch up apps are under Sony Select in the Home screen and work fine.
Ah okay I hadn’t realised that there were further apps ‘hidden’ away. Just found them. Great. However still have the audio description problem on All 4??

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Ah okay I hadn’t realised that there were further apps ‘hidden’ away. Just found them. Great. However still have the audio description problem on All 4??
I cannot see that an app that is staring you in the face when you press the home button on the remote can be described as hidden? However being the native app on the TV it may be worth exploring the settings again to see if you can turn AD off.

vinn

Novice Member
I cannot see that an app that is staring you in the face when you press the home button on the remote can be described as hidden? However being the native app on the TV it may be worth exploring the settings again to see if you can turn AD off.
Okay well we can’t all be as clever as you. It doesn’t ‘stare you in the face’. It is one of many apps on the Home Screen. Thanks for the helpful advice anyway.

Stay Puft

The Sony A8 only allows you to access All4 and My5 through YouView - the BBC iPlayer and ITV Hub are fine, but not the other two.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom