All 4 Indiana Jones films on Sky HD in August.

zamwessell

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Says so on page 19 of the Sky Movies supplement mag.

Sweet!!

Sweet!!

I think you'll find there are only 3 Indiana Jones movies, the other one is purely a figment of your imagination!! (At least that's what I kepp telling myself):rotfl:

I think you'll find there are only 3 Indiana Jones movies, the other one is purely a figment of your imagination!! (At least that's what I kepp telling myself):rotfl:

Yeah, wasn't it a below par transformers movie...
:)

I'll look forward to these.....and it's about time Sky HD gave us a few good oldies.I've been pretty disappointed with the very few "new" oldies in the past few months.Last of the Mohicans, I'd say was the only decent one.Sky seem to be very slow with the classics for some reason.They were much better up to last Christmas.

Sweet!!

Yeah but its a bit like the Sun, just coz its in there doesn't make it true.

New EPG Autumn 2008.....

CSI in HD.....

to name but 2

From DigiGuide:

FILM: Raiders Of The Lost Ark
Channel: Sky Movies Family HD 336
Date: Saturday 1st August 2009
Time: 13:50 to 15:50
Also showing on 2nd, 15th, 24th and 28th of August

FILM: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Channel: Sky Screen 1 HD 314
Date: Saturday 29th August 2009
Time: 20:00 to 22:00

FILM: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
Date: Saturday 29th August 2009
Time: 11:20 to 13:18

FILM: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Date: Monday 31st August 2009
Time: 11:05 to 13:15

FILM: Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
Date: Monday 31st August 2009
Time: 20:00 to 22:10

FILM: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
Channel: Sky Movies Family HD 336
Date: Thursday 27th August 2009
Time: 20:00 to 21:58
Also showing Daily first week in August on Sky Movies Premiere

it will be interesting (well at least to an indy geek like me:rolleyes:) as to which version of raiders they play as there are at least 2
1. has a blue line down the center of the screen (print damage) during indy and belloqs bar encounter and some dig scenes the other doesnt (bbc HD version did)
2. there are 2 different versions of the truck falling from the cliff scene a new new cg version and the original
funny thing is the latest dvd release didnt have the blue line but did have the original truck version instead of the later CG version! bet most of u have gone :boring: by now! thanks for sticking with me:smashin:

Have you seen the South Park take on the fourth movie? :eek:

all 4 are on aug 1st
all of the movies are on aug 1st from 1.50pm
sky family hd but the final indiana jones on sky premire at 8pm
this is great all on one day
thanks sky
the bond season was spread over a month weeks ago
here all 4 in 8rs
brill

All 4 are on Anytime from Saturday, so no need to worry about recording them. :smashin:

This is great news!:thumbsup: Hope they look as good as the star wars OT, when they was shown.

I'll only be keeping 1 & 3 from Anytime, I wasn't a big fan of 2 and the less said about 4 the better!!

just had a look at raiders and my god its stunning :eek:
its a different master to the bbcHD version (same as last years dvd version)
the blue line has gone:thumbsup:

I wonder if SKY have got hold of the masters that will be used for the Blu-rays supposedly out this year although I believe it when I see it:)

I wonder if SKY have got hold of the masters that will be used for the Blu-rays supposedly out this year although I believe it when I see it:)

i would say that was the case:smashin: though sky also show the star treks in HD which are not the same version as the blu rays (only cause of directors cuts etc) im gonna watch the entire trilogy later but from what i saw of raiders i doubt they could improve much in terms of quality!
and i thought the bbcHD version looked good:eek:
i havent checked yet but i was missing last crusade on anytime earlier is it there for everyone else or is it just me?

The showings on the BBC, well the 2 that actually bothered to show in HD weren't exceptional, but definately better than SD. Saw the Blu-ray of KofCS and it wasn't mind blowing but it was a good bluey.

I spoke to my mum earlier (she also has Sky+HD), she had 1 to 3 in anytime but not 4, I have the complete set :smashin:

Last edited:
On vacation for the moment, so can't check these out to I get home, Can anyone do me a favour and check if Temple Of Doom is the uncut version or not e.g. heart ripping scene.

Thanks in advance.

On vacation for the moment, so can't check these out to I get home, Can anyone do me a favour and check if Temple Of Doom is the uncut version or not e.g. heart ripping scene.

Thanks in advance.

unfortunately its the cut version:(

Watching Raiders now and i agree with pj it looks beautiful. Didn't see the BBC HD print mind you.

They look fantastic must admit. Far better than it looked on BBC HD, but then again most things look poorer on BBC HD.

Think My sunday evening is lined up.

Just watched an hour of Raiders on my Kuro, best I've seen it yet :thumbsup:

Roll on the Blu's

unfortunately its the cut version:(

I don't know what you have been smoking/watching but it is uncut and had the Heart Rip scene in it

I don't know what you have been smoking/watching but it is uncut and had the Heart Rip scene in it

Looked cut to me - you did not see the bloodless entry of the hand into the chest, just it out and heart beating in his hand.

Last edited:
Looked cut to me - you did not see the bloodless entry of the hand into the chest, just it out and heart beating in his hand.

The version cut in 1984 did not have any of the heart scene in it, this would appear closer to the US version, a kind of halfway house.
You are right in saying it is cut, but it is not the normal butchered UK version of which no HD print was ever struck

Last edited:
The version cut in 1984 did not have any of the heart scene in it, this would appear closer to the US version, a kind of halfway house.
You are right in saying it is cut, but it is not the normal butchered UK version of which no HD print was ever struck

ok so yes its the UK version i.e. not cut if you count the uk to be the only version but if you have seen the US version it is cut and as sky dont adhere to the bbfc i.e. they use their own ratings system they could have shown the US version as that is where the master is taken from as the versions sky are using are the new prints from the 2008 dvd release

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom