Alison road

shaolin kid

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Could nt find a thread on this but this was a game compared to the great P.T.....and they went and cancelled it...good move idiots

It was yeah, not much chat though tbh.

Shame as this was looking great, Wonder if Konami had anything to do with it.

From the article I read the crowd sourcing was met and team17 took over and then all of a sudden it gets cancelled

From the article I read the crowd sourcing was met and team17 took over and then all of a sudden it gets cancelled

Yeah seems odd, Maybe it wasn't Worm's enough for Team17

I'm thinking it's been closed down from elsewhere. They said in another article more info soon and that they had a feeling it might end this way. Or words similar.

Someone need to snap up Alison road IMO

It was a game I was really looking forward to playing. The developer is going to release a statement in the next few days.

I agree that someone else needs to pick this up..I mean who cannot see the appeal of games like this or P.T?

Its prob because its so like PT that it can't be done. Thats the obvious reason here. In which case no point in snapping it up.

Something stinks if they've been stopped like this. Konami getting involved?

Gutting though. Just realised ive lost my PT Demo off of my PS4 when i swapped my HD over.

Could be,maybe they are saying it's a copy of it but unless they are producing a full p.t game I don't see how they could

The sites still live...
Allison Road Game

There's also Visage in development which should be coming to PSVR...
Visage The Game

I saw 10 mins of gameplay footage last night of Visage OMG that looks amazing .... I didnt realise it was VR ? I have to be honest I would find that too uncomfortable to play in VR .... It looked real what I saw

I saw 10 mins of gameplay footage last night of Visage OMG that looks amazing .... I didnt realise it was VR ? I have to be honest I would find that too uncomfortable to play in VR .... It looked real what I saw

I backed Visage on Kickstarter earlier this year, two of the stretch goals that were reached were console ports (PS4 & XBOX ONE) and VR support with PSVR being mentioned. In their FAQ they say it's not guaranteed though as it's depending on 'technical and integrity considerations', though it was a goal that people payed money to reach. The game will be fully playable without VR.

I haven't actually watched the video as I want to go in blind when it comes out. I backed it purely on the strength of the screen shots, plus I was really gutted about Silent Hills being cancelled.

As far as Alison Road goes there's still no statment from the developers as to what actually happened to their game, they said a few days, it's been four now.
[/QUOTE]

AllisonRoad_HQ statment...

Allison Road - Hi all, After a long consideration between... | Facebook

Hi all,
After a long consideration between Team17 and ourselves, we have reached a mutual agreement to end our collaboration on publishing Allison Road under Team17’s Games label.
Sometime things pan out differently than expected as game development and publishing have so many layers of complexity... We’d like to especially thank everyone for their support through-out, it has and will always be appreciated!

It took them ten days to come up with the statement above which tells us nothing. Looks like they don't want us to know.

Or they got advance notice of the new Res Evil 7 and Team 17 pulled the plug?

Vinvader your right that statement answers absolutely nothing. Im not sure though about Konami. If they were shutting this down for copying the PT demo then you would think they would be going after Capcom.

Just hope another publisher picks them up, such a crap excuse though.

It might just be that the Devs and the publisher in this case team17 couldn't agree on how the game should progress that's one of the issues of having someone else come in that calls the shots instead of you as the dev self publishing.

To be honest i was surprised to see Team17 pick this up in the first place as they haven't done anything survival horror related they did worms, lemmings and little arcade shooter types with Alien breed nothing remotely like this before so why they would go after Alison Road i don't know.

Hopefully a publisher that knows what they are doing in this genre can pick it up and the game can be completed and released it would be a shame for it not to get released as it had great promise.

It does BUT res 7 will be out before it and will steal it's thunder....the ps4 has had a few small games like this but P.T and this were going in to be big hits....res 7 will now fill that space

The Game is back in Development but Christian Kesler is doing it all himself no team or Publisher involved, Whilst it's great it's continuing it's going to be some time before this gets done and released.

Taken from IGN

“I’m actually really happy to be able to announce that Allison Road will continue,” Kesler told IGN. “We had a lot of support online and some folks out there are just incredibly nice.”

“It did take a bit of soul searching to find the drive again to work on Allison Road and to simply make a call on what to do next,” Kesler says. “After the set back, I took a bit of a break from working on it and re-evaluated all the work that had been done so far — the whole journey, so to speak. I started making a few (in my opinion) necessary changes to the story and the flow, little bits and pieces here and there, and before I knew it, it sort of naturally came back to life.”

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom