Alipne CDA-9885R & iPod Touch 3rd Gen - am I out of luck?

Richard Harnwell

Hi,

I've been very happy with my Alpine CDA-9885R, used with iPod interface lead (KCE-422i I think...) to give full control of various iPod nanos. I've added a 5v adapter recently which means even the recently purchased 6th gen nano charges and plays/controls. My friend's 2nd gen iPod Touch also works a treat with it, but I've just bought a s/h 3rd gen Touch, and it refuses to play ball. The touch recognises it is in a "cradle" and gives me the option of directing audion though it, but the head unit just shows "Searching..." when I plug it in and there is no sound.

I stupidly upgraded my Touch to iOS5 when I got it before connecting it to the head-unit, so it may be this that is the problem - I have no way to tell now. As far as I can tell there is no way to downgrade it now (I didn't jailbreak it so I have no "blobs" saved).

Does anyone know if there is any way I can get this combination to work? I went for the 3rd gen as I wanted 64GB, which will hold my entire music collection. If I really had to I guess I could sell my 3rd gen and buy a 2nd gen but I was really hoping not to. I guess an alternative would be to get a more modern head unit, but I'd prefer to avoid the extra expense!

Thanks in advance for any advice / suggestions....

Edit - I can't believe I made such an obvious typo in the one place I can't edit.....

Last edited:

martUK

Novice Member
have you tried resetting thr ipod? press and hold power and home, keep pressed till the apple logo appears

Richard Harnwell

have you tried resetting thr ipod? press and hold power and home, keep pressed till the apple logo appears

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I have tried that, with no success. I've also reset the Alpine unit with a paper-clip, plus various combinations of resets when the iPod input is active / not active....

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom