1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alignment problem

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bogfish, Apr 9, 2005.

1. bogfish

bogfish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all
    Wonder if any of you can help me, I am trying to setup a Sony D50Q, I can get the tubes converged fine. But an hour into the projector being on they shift very slightly out of alignment. I then tweak them to look good again but an hour later off it goes again. (They only shift a few mm)
    Anyone got any ideas on what’s wrong?

2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Sounds like thermal drift as the lenses and chassis warms up. You need to re-do the mechanical lens alignment again.

To avoid having to reconverge from scratch set up a new memory bank and use that instead of the existing banks. Warm the pj thoroughly (white test pattern or daytime TV) and then reset the deflection and convergence settings.

Put up a basic cross hairs test pattern and then loosen the locking screws for the Red & Blue tubes. Target the red lens so that R&G overlap in a dinner plate sized patch just at the centre of the cross hairs pattern. Tighten the screws and then repeat for blue.The centre of the crosshairs pattern should now be white. You may also want to take a look at focus whilst you have the cover open.

All that's left is to switch across to your existing memory banks and tweak deflection and convergence.

Regards

3. bogfish

bogfish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ill give that a try, many thanks!

James

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Also double check that all bolts holding the lens toe in are secure. (two at top two at bottom)