1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alignment on Toshiba 36ZP18P (I think)

Discussion in 'TVs' started by mr_yogi, Jan 16, 2005.

1. mr_yogi

mr_yogi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Hi,
    I've got the first of the "picture frame" Toshiba TVs (I think it's the 36ZP18P) however I have now noticed a couple of things about the picture;

1) The alignment seems out at the top of the screen. Following the top of the picture from the right hand side of the screen to the middle, it is perfectly horizontal, however from the middle to the left it rises up at an angle.

This occurs with Sky, DVD player and PS2 inputs (and probably the TV Tuner also).

2) On screens with solid colour backgrounds, areas of the screen do not display the colours properly. This is more noticeable in videogames, where for example, the light blue sky might turn to shades of pink on the top left hand side of the screen This dose affect the TV too, such as yellow BBC2 screen with the animated "2" which is shown between programs, where the uniform yellow is displayed as a white-ish cream in some areas.

Is there anything I can do to fix or limit either of these effects? I've had the TV for 3½ years and have been very happy with it and watching TV or even playing video games most of the time the effects are not noticeable, but is it likely to get worse?

Thanks in advance :)