Aligning projector with no lens shift to screen?

Tomnook80

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

never had this prob before and had a few PJ's before.

I have recently picked up an HD25 and having problems getting it lined up with the screen.

It is ceiling mounted, like my last couple of PJ's - one was an Infocus, one an Epsom- both had no lens shift but were easy to set-up.

However no matter where I move the ceiling mount to I don't seem to be able to get a square image.

So, this may sound a silly question but should the centre of the lens itself be centre to the top of the screen or should I centre the projector to the screen - since the lens on this model sits to one-side of the body?

It seems odd to me that I can't get the image square I have a friend of mine who is a builder coming round to check out the room sizes etc. to make sure it's square, but as I say never had an issue before, so any help appreciated.

Cheers

Hi all,

never had this prob before and had a few PJ's before.

I have recently picked up an HD25 and having problems getting it lined up with the screen.

It is ceiling mounted, like my last couple of PJ's - one was an Infocus, one an Epsom- both had no lens shift but were easy to set-up.

However no matter where I move the ceiling mount to I don't seem to be able to get a square image.

So, this may sound a silly question but should the centre of the lens itself be centre to the top of the screen or should I centre the projector to the screen - since the lens on this model sits to one-side of the body?

It seems odd to me that I can't get the image square I have a friend of mine who is a builder coming round to check out the room sizes etc. to make sure it's square, but as I say never had an issue before, so any help appreciated.

Cheers
You will want to centre to the lens horizontally. Regarding the vertical, make sure you allow for the offset, I.e. with the projector level, the top of the image will start below the lens level, as it shoots down at an angle (the offset).

Thank you mate, that's what I've always assumed and done - unsure why I'm struggling at the mo - might use the string measuring trick :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom