Aligning dish help please

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by Stereo Steve, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    OK, just bought a new dish off Ebay for £15 with Satware LNB included. Put it on the wall in the direction I thought was right and used a Maplin meter to align it. This is just a temporary installation and I will get Sky to site the dish once my house is ready.

I found a signal but got no channels. Went to System Setup and it shows half strength, good quality, locked. The Network ID is 013e and the Transport Stream is 1450. I'm guessing I've locked onto the wrong satellite but anyone know which one? Would I have to turn the dish to the right or left (looking from dish outwards) to hit Astra?

Anyone help please? I have a compass but can't really understand what 28.8degrees East of South means.

I just want Sky for a few weeks in this room where I'm staying so any help would be great.

Cheers

2. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    OK, 013e appears to be almost due South. I've tried aligning the dish due east and then moving it gently towards South but don't seem to get anything until this 013e thing.

I am told the Sky Network ID is 0002.

3. Stereo Steve

Stereo Steve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    OK, got it. Bit more tweaking and it came up and is now working fine.

4. wod

wod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    you got it locked on to hotbird @13E didn't think that size dish would pickup up that sat