AliExpress refund problem

tigermad

Distinguished Member
I purchased an item from AliExpress 3 weeks ago. The item was never delivered and the tracking states the address is incorrect. The address on my account and order is my home address.

AliExpress and the seller will not give me a refund unless I get a “certificate”. The consignment had 2 tracking numbers, one from China and 1 that looks like Royal Mail. It appears the Royal Mail tracking does not work so the item didn’t even reach there.

They wanted me to contact that Post office, which I did and I also contacted the local sorting office and the item is not there.

Why do I have to jump through these hoops just to get my money back. The tracking clearly states that I have not received the item but they will not refund based on this. Surely they should be finding out what has gone wrong as the seller?

They will not move forward unless I get a “certificate” from the post office. I am not sure how I am going to get this since the post office has never received it. I have sent both screenshots of the failed delivery on the Aliexpress China tracking and also that Royal Mail have no tracking. Surely this should be enough evidence?

Can anyone please advise?

wiz

Distinguished Member
Frankly you shouldn't have to but bear in mind the rules over there maybe different

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Assuming if you bought from overseas you used a credit card?

If so, launch a dispute and see if you can get a refund that way.

My experience however is that it often takes longer than 3 weeks for items to be delivered and it might yet turn up. Give it another couple of weeks.

tiacat

Assuming if you bought from overseas you used a credit card?

If so, launch a dispute and see if you can get a refund that way.

My experience however is that it often takes longer than 3 weeks for items to be delivered and it might yet turn up. Give it another couple of weeks.
That assumes the OP spent more than £100 though, if they didnt what protection do they have?

nvingo

Distinguished Member
It'll arrive once Egypt release the Ever Given.

tigermad

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the replies. It was less than £100 and I paid with PayPal. Have opened a dispute for now.

GaryB 1978

Distinguished Member
I’m having issues with them. Got an email saying my order was delivered! It wasn’t and now the pain of trying to get a refund. I’ll not be using them again

Garrett

I ordered a couple of caps from them and when they came or should I say when only one came. I got in contact with the seller which they said they refund me which never happened and contacted Ali Express themselves, which I found not the easiest to submit a complaint, but explained I sent for two items and the supplier only sent one.
They dismissed my complaint as they said the tracking showed my order had been delivered.
I've not used them since.

BobBob21

That assumes the OP spent more than £100 though, if they didnt what protection do they have?
The £100 minimum is in relation to S75 of the Consumer Credit Act however there is still the option of a chargeback irrespective of the value as long as its within 120 days.

However the OP has gone on to say they paid via PayPal which adds additional complexity to both S75 and Chargebacks if they paid from within their PayPal account.

Gaslight

Theres just no middle ground with these companies.

Aliexpress defend the seller, eBay defend the buyer, (despite overwhelming evidence of what is 'right') neither look at the problem with middle ground and an educated mindset to analyse the situation. I mean, it's not rocket science is it?

Aliexpress see their sellers correctly, they are the ones paying their salaries. eBay see the buyers as their customers (when in fact a buyer dosen't buy anything or pay anything to eBay). Both see the opposites as completely expendable.

At least now Aliexpress accept PayPal. You will see their defending the seller ritual loosening up once a few more PayPal disputes happen. Although, they will just close your account within time.

Last edited:

nikolas6731

Novice Member
Theres just no middle ground with these companies.

Aliexpress defend the seller, eBay defend the buyer, (despite overwhelming evidence of what is 'right') neither look at the problem with middle ground and an educated mindset to analyse the situation. I mean, it's not rocket science is it?

Aliexpress see their sellers correctly, they are the ones paying their salaries. eBay see the buyers as their customers (when in fact a buyer dosen't buy anything or pay anything to eBay). Both see the opposites as completely expendable.

At least now Aliexpress accept PayPal. You will see their defending the seller ritual loosening up once a few more PayPal disputes happen. Although, they will just close your account within time.
rules where work on ebay ,works al so to ali the reputation of the seller vs buyer ,shops with over 2 year working time and 90% and over feedback its ok

Skull n Bones

Distinguished Member
Always thought Aliexpress was a no no, shop there at your own peril. I wouldn't even enter my email address on the site, never mind buying some tat.

strangely tim

The majority of items on Aliexpress can be found on ebay and ebay give more buyer support so in future perhaps search ebay first before ordering.

Never believe the delivery dates on Aliexpress either, I allow 4 - 10 weeks delivery time on anything from China and if it turns up before that its a bonus.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom