1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aliens vs. Predator

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Lex, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Aliens vs. Predator: the movie

Good news and bad news:

Good News: The movie has finally been green lighted and will go into production this year.

Bad News: It will be directed by Paul Anderson! :mad: :rolleyes: (The Soldier/Mortal Kombat/Resident Evil/EventHorizon)

Why do they hire this guy to direct movies. He is terrible! One bad film is forgivable, two maybe? BUT FOUR?! All of his films, of which I suppose Event Horizon was the best, have been truely bad films.
    Why does Hollywood have to ruin every good idea ever? :rolleyes: :(

2. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Have to snarl in agreement Lex.:(
    At this rate it'll end up another of those dreaded 12 Cert's to pull in the max blockbuster audience. Cupid stunts that they are.
    :mad:

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    As long as the DVD comes out in the correct aspect ratio in line with the director's vision even if the director is shortsighted :D

4. Jase

Jase

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +834
    Nice!:devil: :D

5. jag

jag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I enjoyed Event Horizon and Mortal Kombat and look forward to watching Resident Evil so I can't wait for this movie. Could potentially be an awesome horror/action flick.

6. Dr.Rock

Dr.Rock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Resident Evil was a huge disappointment, didn't even go near capturing the atmosphere of the video games. Nor did it take any advice from the Romero films that inspired the games. The only good thing was Milla Jovovick (sp?), she looked like someone I won't mind coating in garlic butter and putting between two slices of bread! :D

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    event horizon is a cracking film, a first rate horror/sci-fi but i'll let you know what I think of resi evil on Thursday. Anderson is competent and turns out (on average) a reasonable product... even Mortal Kombat was ok (think how bad it could have been.... another street fighter: the movie):)

8. Rambo John J

Rambo John J

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +858
    Aliens vs Predator could be a lot worse.....they could have plumped for Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin.
    At least Paul Anderson has shown that he can direct blood'n'guts when he's allowed to. Resident Evil was originally given an NC17 cert by the MPAA and it was Sony/Columbia that insisted the film be cut for a wider audience. I've never played the games so I don't know what I'm supposed to expect from the film, but I like it in the same way I liked Tomb Raider - it entertained me - I'm not too sure what else I'm supposed to expect from a film. I had no expectations and got presented with some lightweight enjoyable nonsense.

Soldier was complete throwaway garbage, but I did enjoy Event Horizon and I personally don't feel any need to be afraid of his involvement in an Alien vs Predator movie. Unless of course, he decides to cast his pal Sean Pertwee in a leading role somewhere.

9. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Are there gonna be any humans in this Aliens vs Predator film? If so, why? For food? Improve the dialogue?

10. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    I haven't had chance yet but I want to go and see resident evil, not because its a fim of a game that I love, but because its got michelle rodriguez in it, she IMO is one of the best young actors around at the moment.

Alien vs Predator will be wicked whoever directs it, as long as they don't make it a 12 and there is loads of fighting between the two races. What i don't get is how the aliens will be able to compete with the predators IMO they are so much harder than xeonomorphs.

11. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I agree - One bird with a flame thrower took care of the Aliens. Predators had better weapons than Arnie/Danny and are much better shots too - that shoulder-laser-job will fry the Aliens in secs. Maybe one of the Predators will have an Alien growing inside it and become a hybrid like the dog in Aliens 3?

12. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    I think I read somewhere that predators prefer to fight hand to hand, not sure if I read it or if it was in a film or whether i dreamt it up in my head.

13. jag

jag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So are there meant to be many Aliens and Predators or one of each or just the one Predator?

14. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    I think it is meant to be loads of each. I don't know I haven't really read that much about it, I will do a little search on it now and post later.

15. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    but as always the aliens will undoubtedly have an advantage when it comes to sheer numbers. You've never seen more than ten of the predators in the same place at one time but there were hundreds of the aliens in Aliens.

16. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    Sure, but Danny Glover shot the Predator about 3 times with the shotgun in the abutoir, but he kept on going. One shot for the Alien and it is toast.

Also just 10 Predators on Earth, but where is the new film gonna be set?

17. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    What about all the different kinds of aliens, dog aliens, normal ones, face huggers, queens? Are all of these going to be incorperated into the film, if they are, the predators have got no chance, unless they use them shoullder lasers.

18. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    from what I can remember from the comic book series, they were set all over the place... on different planets that sort of thing... and I don't care if you are a Predator... if five or six of the Aliens run at you you are in big trouble.

Remember the Aliens act like insects a hive of them could contain millions of them.

19. jag

jag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, but only the Predator can make itself invisible - way cool!

20. kevb

kevb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    But they still smell. Poo!:D

Aliens dont have eyes so not being able to not see a predator is not a problem. They don't show up under infra red so the predator is stuffed on that front too.

21. jag

jag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Never thought of that. Predators are stuffed then.

22. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    mind you it would only take one predator running in with his mini-nuke self destruct arm band armed to wipe out all the aliens. Banzaiiiiiiiiiiii!

23. jag

jag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Short film then :D

24. Grimley

Grimley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to see what defence the Predator has against the Alien acid blood if it decides to fight hand to hand. If a Predator decides to use its jagged wrist daggers to stab an Alien won't the Acid blood seriously wound the Predator, which would leave it venerable to other Alien attacks? I agree with Nobber22, the Ray gun on the shoulder would take out an Alien anywhere except at close range, alien acid blood would spill out everywhere. unless Predator weapons & armour are acid proof!

25. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    There has got to be a big human element in the film somewhere, to keep up audience interest (plus they will no doubt want a big star attached to justify the budget). It is bound to be something like the games, i.e. all three species at the same place at the same time. Probably something like humans fighting Aliens, then in the middle of that fight a Predator turns up and all hell breaks loose.
    Heck, I like it already! :D

26. chris thomas

chris thomas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds great, where can i get the dvd now, i,ll hav the DTS ES version please, :D ;)

27. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Well perhaps Arnie will be in it, or Sigorny?

28. jag

jag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or both!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I just hope there isn't an obligatory sex scene [​IMG]

29. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    As in Predator or Alien ?

30. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    right according to empire mag, the plot is loosely based on the second AvP PC game, in that its set at a scientific research facility where the humans are experimenting on both aliens and predators, needless to say something goes wrong and all hell breaks out.

they also announced that a film of Return to Castle Wolfenstein is likely and a remake of Scanners is being discussed.