Aliens vs Predator (UK Release: 19 February 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
This is being talked about in the Colonial Marines thread, but I searched and couldn't find a thread of its own (searching "aliens" didn't find the Aliens: Colonial Marines thread either).

Two E3 dev walkthroughs:

Aliens Vs Predator Video Game, E3 09: Developer Walkthrough Pt. 2 HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Aliens Vs Predator Video Game, E3 09: Developer Walkthrough Pt. 1 HD | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

I like the look of this and it has got months more of tweaking and polishing to go before release.

Here's the direct link to the demo (Gold exclusive):

Last edited:

gEELOVER

*holds hands up* Aye, my fault, bit too excited about the amount of vids to watch I was posting in completley wrong thread

akane_1984

the look of it is fantastic, hopefully however by the final release they will have more than 1 style of trophy kill for the predator lol

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
This has massive potential for multiplayer. 3 teams of Aliens, Predators or Marines could be class. Might have a look at the Colonial Marines thread to see what the MP details are on that.

Crovon

Distinguished Member
I am looking forward to this as I loved the other AVP games. I still would have liked CM to be released sooner rather than later but this should fill the void for now.

jonnydynamite

Played an AvP game back in something like 2001 and it was one of the most unsettling experiences of my gaming life (apart from Condemned) and I loved it! Playing Alien tag as a group of marines in a series of large dark caverns, shooting at shadows on the wall. At one point 4 of us were all stood back to back to back in a circle trying to spot the alien when it dropped down in the middle behind us all, took out two and the scuttled back into the darkness. Excellent :thumbsup:

MarkyPancake

Distinguished Member
Record marine's voices and then play them back as a decoy, like in Predator:

[youtube]iSR2lO3oAS0[/youtube]

"Over here." :rolleyes:

Billy Goodgun

Distinguished Member
Yeah, previous gameplay vids have left me a bit cold, but that trailer looked amazing. Very keen to find out more now. :thumbsup:

When's it out?

GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!

mudstuff

Billy Goodgun

Distinguished Member
This looks better and better every time I see a vid or read an article about it. :cool:

When's it out?

mudstuff

Q1 2010 in the states so unsure. Probably equates to March-May before the summer slump and with enough time after Christmas since everyone will still be playing MW2 :)

Last edited:

mudstuff

Moogle

Distinguished Member
Q1 2009 in the states so unsure. Probably equates to March-May before the summer slump and with enough time after Christmas since everyone will still be playing MW2 :)

1ST quarter 1009 has already gone by. I take it you mean 1ST quarter 2010.

mudstuff

Ico.

Rebellion has been showing off all sorts of Aliens vs. Predator stuff at Gamescom, which is an event I'm not attending, so I assume they're doing this just to taunt and mock me. Still, the news coming out of the show is great, so I won't complain too much. Like this bit of news -- AvP is getting its own "horde" mode.

Teams of four players work together to fight off endless swams of Alien attackers in what Rebellion is calling its "Survival Mode," similar to the Survival Mode of Left 4 Dead or the aforementioned Horde Mode from Gears of War. It's unclear whether the co-op teams would play as Marines or Predators, but that sounds like it'll be a very cool mode.

As far as the main multiplayer goes, the game will support up to eighteen players, and one mode will feature mixed species teams, as well as pure species. I'm guessing that means Marine/Predator alliances, since I can't exactly imagine the Xenomorphs being buddy-buddy with anyone. If you're playing on PC, the game will also use Steam Cloud so players can transfer save files to other machines. Anti-cheat matchmaking Achievements will also be in place for Steam gamers.

Every new detail I hear about AvP makes me scream out for more. It's just a shame that in space, nobody can hear me scream.

Link:smashin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone