1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"ALIENS" 2-disk

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Dr.Rock, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Dr.Rock

Dr.Rock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Just wondering about that "ALIENS" special edition DVD that was re-released at a 2-disk in UK, as I'm deciding whether to buy it or not.

I already have the original single disk package. Apart from the extras, is there any difference in the feature film if I buy the 2-disk version? I understand it's the same version of the film, but is there any improvement in picture or sound quality? If not, I'll stick with what I already have.

Thanks.

2. girliedrinker

girliedrinker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The audio and video are slightly better, but not to an overwhelming extent. You also get both cuts of the film on the disc, and some people prefer the theatrical version.

3. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,933
    You might want to avoid it though if your DVD Player has trouble with discs that use seamless branching as the Alien Quadrilogy caused nothing but trouble for some people where as others like me had no problem at all.

Also, the extras on the 2nd disc are worth the price alone, they just keep going and going, they are how a DVD release should be.