Alien vs Predator - Preview Thread

phairplay

This game has just jumped to the top of my HIT LIST

On planet BG-386 a colonist mining group discovers an ancient pyramid containing a dark and horrible secret. Across the stars a race of warriors is alerted to the discovery of their pyramid and a hunting party is dispatched to ensure that it remains sealed at all costs, whilst deep inside the ruined pyramid a malevolent intelligence awakes from centuries of dormancy.

The Marine’s story is a fight against the odds, and the horrors lurking in the dark. Beset on all sides yet armed to the teeth, the Colonial Marine represents humanity’s last stand with the firepower to fight back.

As the Alien, players will discover what it’s like to be the most murderous and lethal creature in the universe, with the ability to traverse any surface with agility in order to get close enough to unleash its deadly teeth and claws.

A master of the hunt, the Predator grants the player a suite of exotic weaponry and equipment with which to stalk its unknowing prey. Earn the greatest honour by ambushing prey up-close and butchering them for a gory trophy kill.

avp.jpg

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
D

Deleted member 92943

Looks like this is going to be better than the films :D although that's not hard

Sinzer

Distinguished Member
The two previous versions on the PC were great. However, the Marines chapters were always standouts, but the Aliens and Predator chapters tended to be a little meh IMO.

Would prefer if they just fleshed out the marines experience. Dam it was mega creepy with the blips from the movement scanner, with lots of false blips from moving objects....... still get the creeps now :p

phairplay

Dam it was mega creepy with the blips from the movement scanner, with lots of false blips from moving objects....... still get the creeps now :p

yer i remember that really good

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Word is early 2010 playing as a alien looks a lot of fun :devil:

So same year as colonial marines then potentially? It'll be interesting to see how the two games compare.

Hope you can use the cloaking device the predators have - stealthy!

phairplay

So same year as colonial marines then potentially? It'll be interesting to see how the two games compare.

Hope you can use the cloaking device the predators have - stealthy!

colonial marines never heard of that one :blush:

i can see them doing the cloak thing the same way as on KILLZONE multiplayer. If they move you can see a outline of them.

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
colonial marines never heard of that one :blush:

i can see them doing the cloak thing the same way as on KILLZONE multiplayer. If they move you can see a outline of them.

Some fps or other so I hear :D If it's as poor as gearbox's other recent squad player brothers in arms then oh dear.

If it bleeds we can kill it?

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Looking very sexy. I particularly like the "finishing move" of the Predator.

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
Looking good, love the predator trophy kills especially the human one in removing the spine with the head.

Ciderized

Two preview trailors on the PSN store now.

I'm slighty dissapointed they've gone for the same marine style of the last game, rather than the first.

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
Any news on multiplayer for this? Particularly co-op?

Adcook

Distinguished Member
Co-op would be ace, have our own marine squad, bagsy being Hicks!

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
I'd like to be vasquez for a day. Those airbags look pretty safe to me.

TeresaGiudice

Standard Member
GAME.co.uk added the Survivor Edition to their catalogue yesterday afternoon, clicky.

Anyone have anymore information on availability of the Hunter Edition yet? :(

TeresaGiudice

Standard Member
GAME.co.uk added the Survivor Edition to their catalogue yesterday afternoon, clicky.

Anyone have anymore information on availability of the Hunter Edition yet? :(

My prayers have been answered. HMV listed it on their website about an hour ago, clicky. :clap: Cheaper than I expected, too. There's only £5 difference between the Hunter and Survival versions.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

WarnerMedia and Discovery to merge under AT&T deal
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on UK streaming services for June 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Austrian Audio launches Hi-X65 headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku expands streaming content with Roku Originals