1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alien Vs Predator at last !!!!!!??

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by MarkR, Jun 18, 2003.

1. MarkR

MarkR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +299
    At last Paul Anderson has finally decided that Alien Vs Predator will start filming in this Autumn coming. About time to.
    Has anyone else heard of this as well??

:clap:

2. Spligsey

Spligsey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +137
    I cant get my head around this.....there's actually gonna be a film called 'Aliens V Predator'? (Arnies V Sigourneys)

I have 1 question.........

Why?

Adzman

3. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    Its in the pipeline. I'm still not sure if Paul Anderson will direct though.

4. sleepyone

sleepyone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    How can anyone not get excited about this?

Only have to look at the number of people that bought the comic book, the two Highly succesful FPS games + expansions.

The two best monsters to have come out of cinemas in the last 20 years, brilliant films all, even Predator 2 :rolleyes:

Only question is will it be better than Freddy vs Jason :D

5. baldbird

baldbird

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently it's going to be set in the north pole where they are trying to catch predator for experiments etc. they take a genetically engineered (tame) alien but of cause it all goes wrong. It seems that the action lead will e a female, with a not so action bloke being the 2 main leads. No big names, but reasonable budget for cgi

6. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    sort of but the plots a little off the mark

7. Nobber22

Nobber22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +109
    I feel REALLY sorry for whoever is writing, directing and starring in this film. No matter how great the film is, how fantastic the action or amazing the story is (which I doubt it will be) guys like us on these forums will always tear it's head off and and crap down it's neck!

We're just too jaded these days unfortunately. :( Just 3 years after the first Matrix, we still think it's great, but the effects we reckon are hardly groundbreaking in 2003 anymore. :eek: I feel this union of monsters will go the way of Alien 3 - "great idea!" we'll say, just poorly executed. :thumbsdow

8. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,150
    Well my point was I've taken a look at a draft of the script with a view to working on it. I was providing some verification that the project is an active one.

I tend not to pass judgement on work until its been completed.

Whether its any good or not isn't something I'll comment on as it wouldn't be right or particularly relevant in my capacity.

9. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Come on, it'll kick ass. You have to be really stupid to expect it to be a classic motion picture on par with Citizen Kane or Lawrence of Arabia.

It's gonna be a special effects spectacle of action, explosions and high body counts as two of the best cinematic monsters face off. Who cares if the script or the acting comes to Shakespeare standards? What the hell does that have to do with it? It's not like I went to see the Matrix for it's intelligent theological insight.

It's a movie, not a film!

10. Matinee

Matinee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, speaking personally, the reason the Matrix 2 isnt as good has nothing to do with the special effects - it certainly starts off well with the motorbike stunt, but traditional values such as sloppy direction, poor plot and overuse of effects make it worse.

PK

11. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't, or a mate or my brother. Brother went out half-way through The Matrix, and I got bored of the terrible acting, copied ideas, and lack of character.

12. luv ya jen

luv ya jen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    whos writing it (oh hang on ) alien says roar roar hhssssshhhhsss hhhssshhhsss predator says roar roar click click click mmmmm shoulb be great

13. Juzminator

Juzminator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    According to Aintitcool :

....Paul W.S. Anderson's pitch is to make this PG-13...

Which is, imho not the greatest plan in the world. I didn't abhor Resident Evil as much as some people evidently do, but there is no doubt that I would have enjoyed it a lot more had the film been geared towards and made with a more "liberating" adult certification in mind, and I fear that AVP may suffer the same fate if it is to also be more (for want of a better phrase) kid-friendly. The subject matter (let's be honest here - gore and shocks and suspense) needs the kind of freedom that only an "adult" certificate can bring.

Just my £0.02 worth.

14. sleepyone

sleepyone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    No! Not PG-13.

How can you have a AvP film without any head poping, chest bursting or the occasional sparse F-word. Wasn't including any of Hudson's dialogue for that last option :D

Dropping the rating is not a good idea, he got away with it, just, in Reis Evil. But has the guy not seen Batman and Robin or Robocop 3.

I saw Aliens when I was 12 and is still the standard that I gauge Sci-Fi\Horror\Action films against, predator came close but no cigar for Arnie.

DId anyone else have a video shop that didn't give a crap about the ratings on the vids? Didn't even have to get my older brother to take out the top shelf vids, that was a great summer ;)

15. CrazyHorse

CrazyHorse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +305
    Even though I agree with Mr.D when he says..."I tend not to pass judgement on work until its been completed", I also feel I have to use a line from a certain seminal '70's SF flick and say...

'I have a bad feeling about this'!

16. The_Curmudgeon

The_Curmudgeon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The thing is, how many times have we read in sci-fi mags, websites etc that "this" film is being made and "that" franchise has been taken up by..

I don't believe anything until I see pictures. Talk is cheap. What about the Fantastic Four? That's been talked about for YEARS, (was even made, I've seen it - it shouldn't have been), and now they've apparantly cast George Clooney as Mr Fantastic. Believe it when I see it.

Alien V Predator is another one. I reckon that if Freddy V Jason is a hit, THEN it will possibly be made. Remember, F V J had been rumuoured for almost 10 years, and only now it's coming out.

Just don't hold your breath for all these "dream" movies.

17. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,355
    Is that true or just what one fan suggested here http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0120667/board/nest/1137864

18. The_Curmudgeon

The_Curmudgeon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well, "true" in that I read it in a magazine. Or a newspaper. One of the two. But, again, large pinch of salt needed with that.