1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alien vs Predator $11.99 CAD

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by mark raeburn, Jan 21, 2005.

1. mark raeburn

mark raeburn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    DVD soon have done it again, replaced the cellular offer with one for Alien vs Predator!

Again I pre-ordered this so have promptly cancelled and used my credit to purchase this DVD. Am $12 in credit now! Hopefully they will keep doing these great offers!

This is for I-fidelity members only!

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,080
    Thanks for the heads up, that's a criminal price :devil:

3. philipjg

philipjg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    My credit cards really taken a hammering since getting the fidelity card, thanks!

4. brian mc

brian mc
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    They should be giving this joke of a movie away as a freebie - at least cellular was exciting.

5. stormjai

stormjai

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    anybody give a quick summary of this "fidelity" card. presumably you can sign up from overseas.

ta

6. samjpullen

samjpullen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142

from what i know it gives you 5% off everything (14% at the moment), Free standard shipping or 50% of First Class.

you can sign up world wide :)

i am considering getting one, with the Cellular and AvP this cheap it will be worth it :)

i have never used DVDSoon Before tho, can anyone tell me if there service is as good as there prices ??

7. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi
    Yep but most of the time you have to wait to get your dvds so if your in a hurry order elsewhere,Ive never had anything not arrive though and i have had quite a few dvds off them.
    Cheers Gonzo.

8. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +9,313
    Even if AlienvsPredator isn't much cop, for only £5.45 I will give it a go.

9. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,080
    Likewise, I'm expecting it to be a popcorn movie. Don't have too high hopes, but i'm sure it'll be good fun.

I had the same feelings before I saw Van Helsing, and really enjoyed it - each to their own... :)

10. Andywilliams

Andywilliams

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Hi
    Resident evil apocalypse got real crap reviews but for a pop corn movie i really enjoyed it,Saying that though it does have an awesome dd sound track.
    Cheers Gonzo.

11. cebs_uk

cebs_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +406
    Hi cheers for the headsup but my copies of this are now in the packing state at the old price and I cannot cancel.

I had this at christmas with a bunch of disks and got no joy from dvdsoon, anyone know how to get around the problem and get the lower price.

All I can think of is to return the first order once received but for the cost would it be worth it.

I like dvd soon prices but I think anyone with items in their baskets that haven't shipped should get the lower price straight away, imagine walking round HMV when they are putting sale goods out but say you can't have them as you have the higher priced item in your basket already !!

Never mind, maybe one day customers might receive good service from somewhere...

Cebs

12. Aretak

Aretak

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    As far as I know, DVDSoon will only exchange faulty DVDs, not let you return them for a refund simply because you've changed your mind.

Nonsense. A more accurate analogy would be that you've just paid for your goods at the till in HMV, and then they started putting the sale prices up. And in that case, just like this one, you'd have no grounds to say they should give you the lower price. There's no need to order big-name titles like AVP months in advance of release, as there's no chance of them running out of stock -- so if you choose to do so, you have to accept the fact their price may come down after you order.

13. cebs_uk

cebs_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +406
    Hi,

With the distance selling laws you can return any goods within 7 days afaik no problems and get a full refund but you might have to pay a restocking fee.

Also most uk shops have to give you the stock at the lower price if they lower it within seven days and you return and see. There is no way any decent manager would let you leave paying a higher price than one advertised in the store at the time you purchased it. I might give it a try to some of my customers and see how quick they return...

Pre-ordered from a shop is not the same as buying it as I don't own the product till it is shippped and at my house. I agree that prices will go up and down but dvd-soon seem to punish their best customers and in the end that can only make them go else where.

Cebs