Alien v predator

T

tarpot's-daddyk

i was wondering whether this film will be classed as an alien film or a predator film or hopefully neither

From what i've seen it looks awfull but if it is classed as an alien film i will have to buy it to go along side my alien box set

could someone please enlighten me :)

neither methinks

well since paul (im a movie moron) anderson
is now writing alien 5 be very afraid that it will continue thro

where did you here this?

did they not learn from ressurection!?

How does paul ws :rotfl: anderson keep getting jobs,he's the new ed wood.

The films don't cost much to make , he normally brings them in on time and under budget (which is a rarity to be honest) and they normally make a decent enough profit.

People do go and see his films at the end of the day , sometimes for the wrong reasons but they do make some money back for the investors.

I didn't think Resident Evil was all that bad ( I'll happily watch Milla get her kit off in almost anything!)

Mr.D said:
The films don't cost much to make , he normally brings them in on time and under budget (which is a rarity to be honest) and they normally make a decent enough profit.

People do go and see his films at the end of the day , sometimes for the wrong reasons but they do make some money back for the investors.

I didn't think Resident Evil was all that bad ( I'll happily watch Milla get her kit off in almost anything!)

I didnt find RESI a bad film, but thought (strangely) that the game had a better story, better acting, better atmosphere and also a whole lot scarier.

Funnily enough the same goes for AVP film vs game.

AvP=Awful Video Production - but the ending certainly leaves room for another in the franchise.

You'll only have to add Alien Vs Predator to your Alien movie collection if you like it. If you buy it just to set it up along with your collection, not for viewing enjoyment etc. they see a therapist cos you may be suffering from a form of OCD. I mean why buy a DVD you don't like?

Myself I got Alien Quadrilogy as a Christmas gift last year. Watched them all and the only one that is really a brill movie in my opinion was Alien, so I flogged it on ebay and bought Alien on DVD Special Edition.

I was surprised how Aliens had dated badly, I think people rave too much about it, I never enjoyed watching it on DVD, the acting was noticeably bad, the storyline was evidently stupid. It just isn't scary and tense/foreboding/claustophobic as the original. The first Alien movie has by far the scarier better designed creature!

You never liked watching the DVD's hey, perhaps you should stick to Alice in Wonderland or are they not on DVD yet ?

Your right though, the first one was scarier cos it was a horror movie.

James Cameron put the bullets into the films and showed us loads of Aliens & a queen!! This film was action fantastic.

The third movie Mr Fincher messed up big time!! Although Resurrection was a great film it couldn't bring the story back together cos Fincher had messed the whole plot up. I blame him.

I have to say this AvP was a good film but had its cheesy moments. One thing that was not explained was the fact that the Predators only come to Earth when it's really hot, I don't think Antarctica quite qualifies here. So if Paul Anderson is given Alien Five he can't make any more mistakes like that.

The Alien movies where messed up years ago so I was just happy to see both of them fighting it out!! (That bit was good)

2 of the best films ever made, pt 3 very under rated (especially the extended cut on quadrilogy) and pt 4 which is quite good when not compared to aliens. The avp film is a bit different and is an action flick - i really enjoyed it (would have been better with more fights, some marines, characters you care about etc) but some of it is excellent. (alien and predator fighting is great, the queen like a t rex at the end, grid head alien) and will definately buy this on dvd. Note re the heat thing - the pyramid is built as a training structure for the predators, they are not hunting - they hunt when it is hot. This would therefore not be an error.

AvP was an excellent all action all ass-kickin film & will definately be in a collection of its own someday - for all you over-obsessed sad twastards out there... & for people awaiting an improvement on Alien - you can't better something thats perfect, its such a big franchise now they can make any crap & no matter how bad the reviews stink, imbeciles will still que up all night to buy the first tickets instead of waiting for a mate to buy it on DVD within the following 6 - 8 months, & these will be the same people who moaned about getting stung last time... & the time before :oops:

(Since spellchecked :suicide: )

Well since you put it like that; at least the Predator story ain't been ruined.. yet

I just needed some space & time to air my views - I didnt need a spelling test gaddamnit !!! Anyway there is no such thing as correct spelling grammar or punctuation in this day & age...

(Well thats my excuse & im sticking to it)

tarpot's-daddyk said:
i was wondering whether this film will be classed as an alien film or a predator film or hopefully neither

From what i've seen it looks awfull

Thats because it is awful :devil: :thumbsdow

It's definately Neither, belongs in the bin IMO...

dvdmike007 said:
well since paul (im a movie moron) anderson
is now writing alien 5 be very afraid that it will continue thro

oh please god no!

actually, forget Paul Anderson,i had my own ideas for Alien 5 & 6

Alien 5 would be called "Alien: InVasion" and be set on earth just after resurrection finished. An alien egg has survived onboard the Betty, and the facehugger breeds a new queen inside one of the surviving crew(due to the species survival instinct it always breeds a queen when there are no others left to propagate the species) This queen will obviously lay eggs, which just happen to be in an african game reserve, and since there are no humans about, we get lion, snake and elephant :D aliens, fighting against some big game hunters/mercs who come to poach animals which have become uber valuable over the years, and ripley/call join in the alien fighting fun of course.

Alien 6 would be called Alien: Aftermath and be set a year or so after the events of part V which would end with the aliens spreading out of africa through the ocean and in the sky (shark and vulture aliens anyone?) and slowly taking over parts of the world. Humans would be in a minority, with the various species of alien the new top of the food chain. So a resistance forms, probably not including any recurring cast members this time, and humans decide to take on the aliens in a battle for planet earth.

what do you think? These are my own ideas, but have i just rehashed some old Alien graphic novel without knowing it?

imho the alien franchise is as dead as henry the 8th and would be best left alone.i never did buy into all the hype the alien films got but the first one is a classic film,the second is a fine and after that its just a big old mess.loved predator 1 but 2 could have been better but could have been a hell of a lot worse and if there is anything to bleed out of these 2 franchises then predator is the one.i actually didnt mind AVP upto the point where the pred turns friendly lmao and that just completely wrecked it imho.alien pred could have been an absolute action fest but instead lost its way half way through and just took a laughable turn in the wrong direction.

I enjoyed AvP. It was a fun movie and I'll be getting it when it comes out.

SPOILER
If you've read any of the AvP books, they show Predators respecting tough fighters.
In Predator 1, he respects Arnie 'cause he takes his mask off and starts to fight hand to hand, and obviously the end of AvP is taken from Predator 2 and the AvP books, ie girl is last survivor of humans and proves her fighting abilities so Predators grant her a special place.

Was a bit strange how quickly the Aliens gestated and grew, but I guess if they'd taken as long as the one in Alien, AvP would've gone on for another hour.

tarpot's-daddyk said:

From what i've seen it looks awfull but if it is classed as an alien film i will have to buy it to go along side my alien box set

could someone please enlighten me :)

Isn't referring to this as a "film" a bit of a stretch ? :devil:

Mr.The.Spoon said:
I enjoyed AvP. It was a fun movie and I'll be getting it when it comes out.

SPOILER
If you've read any of the AvP books, they show Predators respecting tough fighters.
In Predator 1, he respects Arnie 'cause he takes his mask off and starts to fight hand to hand, and obviously the end of AvP is taken from Predator 2 and the AvP books, ie girl is last survivor of humans and proves her fighting abilities so Predators grant her a special place.

Was a bit strange how quickly the Aliens gestated and grew, but I guess if they'd taken as long as the one in Alien, AvP would've gone on for another hour.

fair comment but respecting and becoming best mates is a bit of a stretch :laugh:

Mr.The.Spoon said:
one of the scenes that didn't make the final cut, explained this. The Queen alien had been fed a hormone which causes the life cycle of the alien to accelerate much faster than normal. This explains the quick gestation and even quicker growth to full adult size of the aliens.

For what it's worth...

If, like me, you're a fan of the Alien series then you've probably added Alien Quadrilogy to your dvd collection.

Watch all of the behind the scenes documentaries and you'll see an alarming trend emerge...which results in the absolute dross that is AvP.

Start with Alien, and it's all about how the writers and Scott had difficulties getting their vision off the ground...Fox execs reluctant to stump up the cash, that sort of thing.

Move into Aliens and it's more of the same...The only good thing is that with Alien and laterly Aliens, there were two very stubborn bastards at the helm in Scott and Cameron...they weren't prepared to bend over and eventually got what they wanted.

Move to Alien 3 and things start to go pear shaped...suddenly the execs are the driving force...Weaver also has her producer's hat on...the writer / director element has been cut off at the knees.

I thought the "Fincher" cut of Alien 3 looked very interesting...and could have kept to the same standard Cameron set with Aliens. If only it was the Fincher of today making that movie (rather than Fincher the first-time helmer). Maybe then he wouldn't have let the execs at Fox dump the Hicks character in order to save paying Bien what he thought he was worth.

Frankly, the way in which Hicks and Newt were dumped just killed the series for me...suddenly the 'franchise' had moved into slasher territory...only Ripley could survive, everyone else was gonna get it...and there goes the tension, the need for character development, and so on.

The only way to save these great characters (by that I include the Alien itself as much as Ripley) is to give it back to Scott or Cameron. Frankly, though, that ain't gonna happen is it? I mean, why pay top dollar for talent when you can get Anderson to bring the video game to the screen for teens.

So...who do I blame? Well it's not really Anderson's fault that AvP sucks...he's an average director working with below average material...the real villans are Weaver, Carroll, Giler and Hill...they're all great at what they do, they just started to think they could write and direct too. Stick to what you know guys, and give us what we deserve.

The DVD release is certainly looking interesting.

The Region 1 is ment to have 3 Deleted Scenes, an alternate opening, some audio commentaries and a making of and the 1 Disc Region 2 release looks about the same but the 2 Disc Region 2 release is going to have aload more including 11 Deleted Scenes and maybe even the ability to include these Deleted Scenes back into the film, no idea if it will make the film better but will be interesting to see.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom