Alien TV Series [Disney+/FX] Noah Hawley TBC

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Rumoured than an Alien TV anthology series in development at Hulu, with each season taking place in a different part of the Alien universe and will co-exist with the still being written Alien Covenant/Alien sequel movie.

Hopefully better than the terrible IGN Alien Isolation web series.

This would have my curiosity but I wouldn’t be very hopeful that it would be any good.

Some TV series have offered better entertainment, writing and acting than movies so if done well this could be good.

Rumoured than an Alien TV anthology series in development at Hulu, with each season taking place in a different part of the Alien universe and will co-exist with the still being written Alien Covenant/Alien sequel movie.

That IGN thing - was that those short webisode type things?

Would be on board with this if it was a colonial marines series but really Ridley Scott has absolutely killed my interest in Alien, even more so than those stupid AvP films.

Really? Why does it have to be *anything* to do with the Prometheus/Covenant universe?!

Just go back to the comics, or even the damn game, or, as Markus says, give us some marine action. Sigh.

Working title: Pan Pipe Moods.

If quality production, this can work but could end up like the Sarah Connor Chronicles :) :) :)

The Expanse leads the way for me in how to create great Sci-Fi tv series.

Hope this is the right thread 😬

Noah; says the show

- not be about Ellen Ripley

- will be set on Earth

,"The alien stories are always trapped… trapped in a prison, trapped in a space ship. I thought it would be interesting to open it up a little bit so that the stakes of 'What happens if you can't contain it?' are more immediate."

More details ;

Discretion Advised

Last edited:
To me the Colonial Marines were the most interesting thing on Aliens 2. I wish they would make a TV series on them. They fought other species besides the aliens... I think it would be a hit.

Alien Covenant sucked.

I wanted to see what Neill Blomkamp wanted to deliver. He was going to take the story from Aliens and disregard the failed films that followed. It got canned because of Covenant.

Alien Covenant sucked.

I wanted to see what Neill Blomkamp wanted to deliver. He was going to take the story from Aliens and disregard the failed films that followed. It got canned because of Covenant.
That's putting it mildly mind you I knew the follow up was going to be canceled as
it ended on a cliffhanger and they always cancel on a cliffhanger to piss those that invested time to the series.
If you not seen it before sums it up.
Spoilers

Could end up as a xenomorph-free series ? More Blade Runner than Alien

To me the Colonial Marines were the most interesting thing on Aliens 2. I wish they would make a TV series on them. They fought other species besides the aliens... I think it would be a hit.
You do get that impression when you watch Aliens, however I'd like to think that the Aliens are the only lifeform that Humans have ever found outside of earth, which makes the whole thing more amazing.

A show about Colonial Marines could end up resembling Starship Troopers

You do get that impression when you watch Aliens, however I'd like to think that the Aliens are the only lifeform that Humans have ever found outside of earth, which makes the whole thing more amazing.

A show about Colonial Marines could end up resembling Starship Troopers
In Aliens you have the line "Sir, Is this to be a stand up fight or ANOTHER bug hunt?" so it does imply the CM have fought other alien lifeforms. Plus clearly as the alien is a parasite it must've had other creatures to parasitise before meeting humans. I'm not considering any of the Promethian/Covenant nonsense. For me, The Alien is and always will be a noble yet lethal evolved parasite. "I admire its purity." as a certain Ian Holm once said.

Last edited:
That's putting it mildly mind you I knew the follow up was going to be canceled as
it ended on a cliffhanger and they always cancel on a cliffhanger to piss those that invested time to the series.
If you not seen it before sums it up.
Spoilers

Nice. For me the single biggest disappointment about Covenant was it answered NONE of the questions raised by Prometheus. Total waste of time!

Nice. For me the single biggest disappointment about Covenant was it answered NONE of the questions raised by Prometheus. Total waste of time!
Never watched Covenant. Prometheus killed my interest in the storyline 100%. Needs a reboot or the Blaumkampf approach to get me onboard again at the cinema. Will be interested to see what the TV show does but if Ridley is there again insisting the Aliens were just a lab experiment gone wrong and digging up more Promethian nonsense then it can jog on too.

Never watched Covenant. Prometheus killed my interest in the storyline 100%. Needs a reboot or the Blaumkampf approach to get me onboard again at the cinema. Will be interested to see what the TV show does but if Ridley is there again insisting the Aliens were just a lab experiment gone wrong and digging up more Promethian nonsense then it can jog on too.

Well the interesting thing about Prometheus was the attempt to join up with the original film. But the whole story of the Engineer race was not explored further.

Question is, what direction would you like it to go?

Well the interesting thing about Prometheus was the attempt to join up with the original film. But the whole story of the Engineer race was not explored further.

Question is, what direction would you like it to go?
Ideally Ripley and Newt get home and file their report and live happily ever after and the company returns to LV426 covertly to see if anything is salvageable for their bioweapons division and whilst Hadley's Hope and the atmosphere processor is a smoke cloud the size of Nebraska the alien wreck is preserved because a still active ancient defense system in the ship detected the nuclear blast and put up shields. WY scientists find a way to disable the shield and explore the ship and you could either have an alien exposure right there or you could have eggs retrieved and taken somewhere for them to hatch and cause more of the proper mayhem we all love.

Ideally Ripley and Newt get home and file their report and live happily ever after and the company returns to LV426 covertly to see if anything is salvageable for their bioweapons division and whilst Hadley's Hope and the atmosphere processor is a smoke cloud the size of Nebraska the alien wreck is preserved because a still active ancient defense system in the ship detected the nuclear blast and put up shields. WY scientists find a way to disable the shield and explore the ship and you could either have an alien exposure right there or you could have eggs retrieved and taken somewhere for them to hatch and cause more of the proper mayhem we all love.

I always assumed the derelict was hundreds of miles away from the colony and survived the destruction but its location is never specified, just that it's "out in the middle of no where"

I always assumed the derelict was hundreds of miles away from the colony and survived the destruction but its location is never specified, just that it's "out in the middle of no where"
I was thinking more about the blast radius from effectively an H-bomb explosion. Even if it was 100 miles away it would still get a kicking.

Well you'd like Covenant then, as it's more of the same chest bursting, skull cracking stuff we've all seen before ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom