Alien SE & Aliens SE both for £16.98

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's a two-for-one on the new 2-disk special edition Alien series on play.com. Click here.

I didn't go for the Quadrilogy boxset as I didn't want the third and fourth iterations so this is perfect for me.

The SE's are releasing on 15th March, however these promotional copies won't be dispatched until 12th April. I for one don't mind the wait at this price. I imagine these 'promotional versions' are cheap copies that they've been able to source for a limited time. They've ran similar promotions with the Friends & Simpsons boxsets. Be quick :smashin:

Thanks. Gone for this have to agree that the 3rd and 4th installments aren't really worth buying.

Sweet. Thanks for spotting this. I've also bought the first two.

What is the difference between these versions and the old ones?

Cheers.

The new releases have both versions of the films on 1 disc along with a second disc full of extras.

cheers.

which region is the best? dvd compare doesnt list it.

Thanks.

Well the discs being released are identical to the discs in the Alien Quadrilogy so go by that comparison.

Guys, I already have Aliens Special Edition runtime is 154 mins, and Standard Alien Resurrection (got it cheap). I don't do extras (I know, I know) so is it worth me getting this version of Aliens?

If not I'll get parts 1 and 3 and will then have the set.

Cheers in advance, Kam.

i got the quadrilogy set from cdwow using a £8.99 voucher - so i got it for £40

but anyway, the new versions of alien 3 and 4 are quite different to the theatrical versions and alien 3 especially is excellent

What exactly are these promotional versions, they must be different in some way if the normal version is basically the price of 2 of these promotional versions... Probably gonna get it from hmv, seen the slipcover, I am a sucker for nice slipcovers :(

Well, I'm not bothered about part 4, the only way you can make that better is to delete all versions on all media ever and forget it ever got made :smoke:

So I think to get parts 1 and 3 for 18.98 is probably a good deal.

Might hunt for a good price on a quad set first though.

Cheers,

Originally posted by wingZero21
What exactly are these promotional versions, they must be different in some way if the normal version is basically the price of 2 of these promotional versions...

I think these are exactly the same, play.com have probably been able to source a limited supply at a cheaper price. They've done similar things with boxsets of Friends and Simpsons.

Remember these promo copies are not available until a month after the standard release.

Originally posted by Kam the Man

So I think to get parts 1 and 3 for 18.98 is probably a good deal.

It's £16.98 not £18.98.

dont know if anyones realised but you can actually get a third film in this offer for half the price again ie. 3 for around £25

CyBeRkId2002 :)

You sure, I know they are all half price when you put them in your basket, but don't they check that you've bought multiples of 2??? :confused:

dont think so... my order know says i have the three films waiting to go out and my bill is £25...

Anyone else know whether they will charge me extra for the third at a later date?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom