Alien Quadrilogy Ultimate Collection (Limited Edition)(Japan Version)

droolinggimp

Standard Member
Reaction score
I was just looking for the Alien headset to buy.... what a waste of time.. but I did come across this

http://global.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.aspx/pid-1003201675/code-j/section-videos/#prodcontent

Can some one tell me what is so special about this version? Its not released till april so i was thinking is it going to be a new Headset (it doesnt mention anything about that) or just a repackaged Quadrilogy from last year (i think it was last year that came out)
I think all 4 movies are DTS with both original cut versions and obviously the Uncut versions too...

Any help is most gratfull before i pay the money and order it...

Chris

It's strange whenever I click your link instead of going to that yes Asia page it goes to "HTTP:///" and that is it!

As far as the Japanese alien headset goes I think you will find that they sold out before the product was even released!

This Japanese alien Quadrology is as far as I can tell the same as the original Japanese release. As well as alien and alien Resurrection having DTS soundtracks just like region 1/region 2 editions, Aliens and alien 3 both contain DTS sound tracks unlike here in the UK or US. I don't know what the difference with extras is, if any. I think you'll find though that you only get Aliens director's cut and loose the theatrical version because of space taken up by the DTS soundtrack. both films contain world exclusive DTS soundtracks

Your link doesn't work droolinggimp :)

I think this will - Here

It does indeed look like it will comprise of the 4 DTS versions of the movie with the additional 9th disk - a la the Alien Head but without the cost !

Not the Alien head set though.

Dave.

$169.99 is a bit steep for 2 DTS soundtracks - some people need their heads looking at!

gary

But it's not two DTS tracks, it's all four movies in DTS which includes two exclusive DTS soundtracks. Mind you as you say it's still a little expensive.

lurker75 said:
But it's not two DTS tracks, it's all four movies in DTS which includes two exclusive DTS soundtracks. Mind you as you say it's still a little expensive.

thats what i meant the r1/2 and 4 all have DTS on two of the movies - now i know Aliens is a top film but do you really want it in DTS that much :eek:

Gary

Sorry to bump this old thread, but since this item was so rare - it's difficult to find people talking about it. Nobody seems to ever sell them. Ebay turns up nothing.

I actually was lucky enough to get 3 of them when they came out. I gave one to a friend as a gift and held on to the other two. I had intended to sell one and keep the other, but I never got around to it so I still have both of them in a closet where nobody can enjoy them.

As I had to import them from Japan to the US, they cost me nearly 400 USD. I know they are rare and worth more, but really things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them. Even though there were only so many of these made (100? 1000?).

Both ones I have are unopened and unused - NIB and OOP. ;) My question is - if I popped one or both of these up on ebay at a starting price of - say 300 USD with reasonable shipping - do you think there would be any interest? Or should I try to sell them at some trade show or whatever?

Turning a bit of a profit as storage fees would be nice, but I'd be happy enough to just get my money back (even though my money is worth less today than it was 3 years ago - thanks bush).

I don't want to peddle things on here, so don't email me asking to buy it... but if you see this and you really desperately want one, I can put it up on ebay with a buy it now at an agreed price so you can snare it.

If this is against the rules, just ignore this last bit and just let me know if you think there would be interest if I posted it on ebay. Thanks.

Sorry to bump this old thread, but since this item was so rare - it's difficult to find people talking about it. Nobody seems to ever sell them. Ebay turns up nothing.

I actually was lucky enough to get 3 of them when they came out. I gave one to a friend as a gift and held on to the other two. I had intended to sell one and keep the other, but I never got around to it so I still have both of them in a closet where nobody can enjoy them.

As I had to import them from Japan to the US, they cost me nearly 400 USD. I know they are rare and worth more, but really things are only worth what people are willing to pay for them. Even though there were only so many of these made (100? 1000?).

Both ones I have are unopened and unused - NIB and OOP. ;) My question is - if I popped one or both of these up on ebay at a starting price of - say 300 USD with reasonable shipping - do you think there would be any interest? Or should I try to sell them at some trade show or whatever?

Turning a bit of a profit as storage fees would be nice, but I'd be happy enough to just get my money back (even though my money is worth less today than it was 3 years ago - thanks bush).

I don't want to peddle things on here, so don't email me asking to buy it... but if you see this and you really desperately want one, I can put it up on ebay with a buy it now at an agreed price so you can snare it.

If this is against the rules, just ignore this last bit and just let me know if you think there would be interest if I posted it on ebay. Thanks.

What ones do you need?

Alien 3 can still be had.

http://www.axelmusic.com/productDetails/4988142278227

I have the R2 UK Head, Love it, bought it on the forums for either £60-£70 a while back.

Hi,

The UK "Quadrilogy" boxed-set, can be found in high-street shops for between £20 and £25 approx, occasionally less, so anything over £75 for the import version, with the extra 2 DTS soundtracks, and you'll be very lucky.

However, I don't think people will be willing to pay anything more than about £50 or £60 in all honesty. If, the set is actually Numbered (e.g. Set X of XXX), then that may hike the price up. If not, I'd average about £50-£60, in honesty.

Lastly, if anything, it wouldn't surprise me if 20th Century Fox do release all 4 Alien movies, with DTS soundtracks on them, at some point in 2008, either singly, or as a collection.

Pooch

Hi,

The UK "Quadrilogy" boxed-set, can be found in high-street shops for between £20 and £25 approx, occasionally less, so anything over £75 for the import version, with the extra 2 DTS soundtracks, and you'll be very lucky.

However, I don't think people will be willing to pay anything more than about £50 or £60 in all honesty. If, the set is actually Numbered (e.g. Set X of XXX), then that may hike the price up. If not, I'd average about £50-£60, in honesty.

Lastly, if anything, it wouldn't surprise me if 20th Century Fox do release all 4 Alien movies, with DTS soundtracks on them, at some point in 2008, either singly, or as a collection.

Pooch

That's a shame - you would think that such a thing would go for at least retail since it was limited and flew off shelves when it was first released. I'm not sure if these were numbered or not.

HI,

HMV are now selling the UK Alien Quadrilogy (9-disc set) for just £15 as of yesterday (Mon 3rd December).

Pooch

HI,

HMV are now selling the UK Alien Quadrilogy (9-disc set) for just £15 as of yesterday (Mon 3rd December).

Pooch

Yeah - you can get the US version for 32 bucks as well - but they don't come with the Alien Head. That's kinda the point. It's a collectable thing - On amazon.co.uk - the UK head set is going for 160-250 pounds New. I think that's pretty encouraging for me. Maybe I'll try to sell it on Amazon z-shop.

I saw this set at Best Buy last week though - http://www.bestbuy.com/olspage.jsp?id=1773336&skuId=8609525&type=product
I think there's 10,000 of them.

and a better description...
http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/796265

You'll be lucky to get your money back at all buddy!

I recently tried selling mine (original Japanese version, and was also signed), I managed to sell it for £125 collected! It cost me £250 direct from Japan a few years back

Another repackaging of the Alien movies...all we need:rolleyes:

When are they coming out on HD?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom