Alien Quadrilogy problem - where is the original version of Aliens?

spl23

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I was in my local Tesco yesterday, and found the Alien Quadrilogy box for 22.97 - rude not to at that price. I've just tried the discs, and Alien, Alien3 and Resurrection all come up with a menu when you first load the disc, allowing you to choose which version (original or SE) you want to watch.

However, Aliens doesn't - there is no menu, and it jumps straight to the SE version. There is also no option on the soundtrack to select the commentary. In fact, the disc looks pretty much identical to the original US release of Aliens I bought way back in 99 or thereabouts.

It looks to me as if the wrong master has been used to press Aliens in this set. Has anyone else found this? Have Fox got an address I can complain to?

Cheers,

S.

spl23 said:
I was in my local Tesco yesterday, and found the Alien Quadrilogy box for 22.97 - rude not to at that price. I've just tried the discs, and Alien, Alien3 and Resurrection all come up with a menu when you first load the disc, allowing you to choose which version (original or SE) you want to watch.

However, Aliens doesn't - there is no menu, and it jumps straight to the SE version. There is also no option on the soundtrack to select the commentary. In fact, the disc looks pretty much identical to the original US release of Aliens I bought way back in 99 or thereabouts.

It looks to me as if the wrong master has been used to press Aliens in this set. Has anyone else found this? Have Fox got an address I can complain to?

Cheers,

S.
I dont know if it was on here but I have definitely heard of this happening before with the original DVD release being included in the Quadrilogy instead of the newer version.

From dvdcompare:-

It has come to our attention that some copies of this are missing the special edition cut of Aliens on disc 3. Instead, some cases have had the regular SE release disc but in.

It was the first thing I checked when I bought my Quadrilogy head, thank god it was ok!.

Yes I had the same problem in my Quadrilogy 6 months ago.
disk 3 Aliens from Alien Legacy, with the disk 3 Aliens Quadrilogy artwork on it.

look here "Alien Quadrilogy" it shows the correct and incorrect menus

I'm sure I looked b4 but paranoia got the better of me.

Just checked my copy I bought from Amazon a while back (has green inner trays) and it is ok. :smashin: Phew.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom