Alien Quadrilogy - Japanese Alien Head Packaging - Coolest thing ever!!!

bowenjones

Prominent Member
Reaction score
http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/av/docs/20040202/fox02.jpg
Found the link on the digitalbits. This is what they said......

Okay... on to DVD news. Bits reader Makoto in Tokyo e-mailed me this morning with a look at what might be the most interesting DVD packaging ever. It seems that 20th Century Fox is releasing the Alien Quadrilogy in Japan... packed in a replica of an alien warrior's head. No, I am NOT sh__ting you. Here's a picture and a link so you can see it yourself. I think Anchor Bay's foul-smelling, foam-fleshed Evil Dead: Book of the Dead edition may finally have been one-upped. Sure, it might not fit on your video shelf with all those other DVDs... but when it's this cool, who the hell cares?

want.....need...must have , how unbeliveably cool , i can imagine my centre peice in the lounge will be an Alien head above the fireplace.

is it only me who thinks it looks more plastic than a 'free' mcdonalds toy? - maybe it looks better in real life (just MO of course :D

On a serious note, is it likely anyone in the UK, can get this???

I'm pretty sure it'll be imported at some point. How cool is that though? Not sure if I'd buy it though because I don't know where I'd put it! Great idea though; be cool if they could've done the same with Indiana Jones and put it in the Ark of the Covenant of something. :rotfl:

Its so good, it makes me think someones playing with us.

In anyones wildest dreams, no one could have imagined anything as cool as that!!!!!!!

I want it :smashin:

do you have an address where we can order it from?

It does look great. But no doubt will brutally expensive. As are all japanese dvds. I want to order Bring Me the Head Of Alfredo Garcia and Electra Glide in Blue. But refuse to pay £30 each for them.
But going back to Alien. It does look awesome and the DTS is an impressive extra.

Two threads on same subject merged and re-titled :smashin: :D

Isn't it bloody typical - I just bought the Quadrilogy last week!!! Grrr!

I wonder if there is any chance of getting this without the DVDs?

I realise that a lot of people would want this item for the novelty/collector value, but if any current quadrilogy owners want something 'alien' which actually looks display worthy, check this out; which can be had from software warehouse for £49.99 (do a seatch for 'alien bust')

Dean

This alien head set is already sold out at HMV.CO.JP!!!!
Is not listed on cd-japan(standard 9 disc box set only!!)and amazon .co.jp.
Do wonder why all 4 films would come with dts in japan only???:(

Originally posted by Lex
Two threads on same subject merged and re-titled :smashin: :D
Thanks Lex ! The title's a little under-stated but it will do ;) :rotfl:

Hi,

All I can say is.... bollards!! If anyone in the UK gets this, you are going to be the luckiest blighter in DVD history!!

Almost makes you want to start enquiring just how much a round-trip to Japan would cost, and then spend a week or two searching all the great DVD stores in Tokyo for what must be a must-have item... if you can afford it that is.

Pooch

Pooch I'll let you know if my pre-order is successful then (baring in mind there's only 9,000 of these being made and only a small percentage has gone out to e-tailers, Fox have given preference to bricks and mortar shops in this case)

I had to have this the second I saw it and wasn't particularly concerned about the cost (although I won't be buying any other DVDs for the next couple of months). I still expect to get hit with at least a £30 customs bill if I do get lucky.

And I will be claiming "The Luckiest Blighter..." title if I do get it!:D

So guys, how much do you reckon alien will be worth in the after market, when all of them has been sold?

Wasabi

Whose going to sell the Alien bust on it's own though? you can bet the complete sets will go for a fortune (at least double, maybe triple) on ebay

James,

Sorry, I meant the complete alien set. Triple the cost, that would be a nice profit, in less than a month. I wonder if I can get one, have friends but not that near ones, so asking a casual friend to spend £155 in advance won't be easy to persuade, no harm trying though.

Thanks James.

Wasabi

Would anyone pay £350.00 for one of these? If so - it could be yours!

Sigs

you've definitely got more chance of someone in Japan buying one from a shop (although I'd still advice preordering).

If we're talking about Ebay then I think you'll see these with minimum bids of £300! And they will go much higher. Think about it these are almost entirely limited to Japan, by the time we'd heard about them here (and in the US) they were virtually all sold-out on pre-order. Both jap HMV and Amazon have sold out! So there will be plenty of loaded collector's prepared to shell out silly money in the UK and US.

And just for the record I'm not selling mine on!

Apparently it's sold out everywhere in Japan now. My mate lives there and is on the case.

He's going to search the flea markets (auction sites) and see what the prices are. He reckons over £200 already!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom