Alien Quadrilogy 9 Disc DVD Box Set all DIRECTORS CUT!!!

N

NoelStar

this is getting ridiculous with all these different versions on DVD

someone has got to clamp down on this the film companies are just ripping us off blind! :mad:

in December this year

FOX will release the Alien Quadrilogy 9 Disc DVD Box Set all DIRECTORS CUT!!!

so like me and many others who own the alien legacy box set is screwed and even the people who buy the Quadrilogy will be when james cameron films alien 5!

all the fans like me who love ALIEN PREDATOR AND TERMINATOR are just getting screwed all the time while the film companies rake in the Franchise Money!

here is the link anyway for the people who want to see a pic of the box set

http://www.play.com/Play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=125722

:suicide:

You don't *have* to buy new versions/releases :D

Hehe I saw the last box set in HMV today for £69.99.:eek:

Originally posted by NoelStar
so like me and many others who own the alien legacy box set is screwed

Oh dear.:rolleyes: You have a choice. Buy them, or don't buy them. It's that simple.

I am all for having the choice for viewing theatrical or directors cuts of movies I like.....quite often films are cut down to suit the running time, and whilst these cuts are usually director approved, their preference may be a longer cut of the movie.

Yes, it's designed to make more money, but I still like the choice.

Go lie down, take a chill pill, and breath deeply before putting your boxset on the classifieds forum;)

You can sell your old versions as these films will be the Theatrical cut AND the Directors Cuts all on the same disc via semaless branching, the transfers will look and sound better than ever.

youve got to admit though guys it aint fun thinking youve just bought the right special edition or complete box set and then a year later theyve tweaked it abit more and sold you the stuff you should have seen or bought in the first place!!!

i like to see as much footage as i can :)

but now if want to sell my box set im only just gonna get half the money back i paid for it!

i hope they do release them on the cinema though with remastered soundtrack:smashin:

It bugs me too..... yes i have the choice and i dont have to buy the new ones..... but it is a bit ott. Taking TTT as an example, i want the extended edition, but im being blackmailed (so to speak) that i either have to wait until christmas, or i buy both editions..... thats what bugs me.

Ad

How are you being blackmailed? You know there is an enhanced version on the way, so you have a choice.

I'm waiting for the collectors box of Two Towers, and will do the same for RoTK.

It was a good film and I really enjoyed it, but I don't feel the need to buy the version that's currently in the shops.

If there was no news of the enhanced version, and it was announced in a couple of months time, then maybe I'd feel miffed. But everything is out in the open in this case.

Learn patience young grasshopper :)

Or better still, just earn shed loads of money and buy all versions, as and when they come up.

But please don't bitch about commercial organisations, doing what there supposed to do. IE make money out of Joe Public.

As soon as I heard about this new edition, I ordered it for about £33 shipped from DVDSoon, and sold my older R1 version via Amazon marketplace for £45...! ;)

Just because a film is longer, doesn't necessarily make it
a) A director's Cut.
b) any better.

How is this any different from any other product you buy. You buy a car today in the knowledge that in 6 months they'll have added more features and probably cut the price a bit too. And if you try to sell what you bought today you'll only get a fraction of the purchase price. How is the DVD marketplace any different?

If you don't like it just hold back on your purchases for 6 - 12 months and then buy all the latest and greatest (?) boxsets.

i look forward to the box set....i only have aliens spe edt...[r1] plus there will be loads of the old boxed sets on ebay soon.

My point is, if they are going to do it, why dont they do it right in the first place!? The technology doesnt move fast enough that it could be argued that later releases have more features, extended editon or whatever because the tech wasnt available upon original release. Simply the studios are happy enough to give us a knocked up first copy..... they should spend the time on it and do it right first time.

all that said, our first releases these days are alot better than they used to be.

Ad

well ive sold my legacy box set on ebay today for £35 so ive only got to put £30 and wait for nearly christmas and then bring on that Quadrilogy Box Set :eek: :D

even though i no that will be ruined when alien 5 comes out:rolleyes:

cya guys end of thread:hiya:

I can understand people's frustrations I suppose, but it is better to have three versionsof a classic film on DVD rather than none in the case of Star Wars! :rolleyes:

I can understand people's frustrations I suppose

To be honest I can't in this case. The original DVD releases had a reasonable amount of extras - more than enough for owners to feel 'happy' with it! And this new pack has so much in it - what with directors/extended cuts etc - anyone who 'upgrades' can feel reasonably confident this boxset is for life (or until HD-DVD anyway) :lesson:

So stop complaining... :devil:

Originally posted by NoelStar
this is getting ridiculous with all these different versions on DVD

someone has got to clamp down on this the film companies are just ripping us off blind! :mad:

in December this year

FOX will release the Alien Quadrilogy 9 Disc DVD Box Set all DIRECTORS CUT!!!

so like me and many others who own the alien legacy box set is screwed and even the people who buy the Quadrilogy will be when james cameron films alien 5!

all the fans like me who love ALIEN PREDATOR AND TERMINATOR are just getting screwed all the time while the film companies rake in the Franchise Money!

here is the link anyway for the people who want to see a pic of the box set

http://www.play.com/Play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=125722

:suicide:
I know you said 'end of thread' but as I only just saw this thread and it something that REALLY irks me too i tohught I'd reply. I agree with your first msg, i realise people have a point when they say 'sell the legacy set' (which you have done) but I just don't do that and feel totally screwed everytime this happens, I HAD 4 different versions of Star wars thanks for George Luca$ and his re-release after re-release!! Obviously as a lover of the films you're going to want the definitive version and the older versions do lose trade value when the 'better' version is released.

Like a spaz I will be purchasing this 'quadrilogy!'
:rolleyes:

Hi GirlyGamer im glad to hear it isnt just me

but i cant stand missing out on never seen before footage which should have been included in the first place :rolleyes:

:smashin:

well beat this..... i hate not having the best edition..... but i never watch the extras anyhow! :D

i sold my boxset last year knowing this was coming..... im looking forward to it!

Ad

Alien Quad Box Set works out at just over £43, with the free shipping offer, from DVD Soon. Personally I can't wait to get my hands on it, but dissapointingly, still no DTS, it seems.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom