1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alien Directors cut

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Metallifux, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Metallifux

Metallifux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got to copies of this one for myself and one for a friend on Plays buy one get one free offer. Just finished watching the directors cut and it had several imperfections. Those of you who were around in the dark days when the Matrix was first released and loads of people had problems with it, will know what I'm talking about. Picture break up and jumping back a second here and there. Both copies are the same. I have a Philips DVD625, I haven't tried the disks on any of my other players yet and was just wondering if anybody else had a copy and had problems with it.

2. Metallifux

Metallifux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK I have seen the posts regarding problems with the Quadrilogy box set, it's obviously my player. Very annoying 4 years after The Matrix, considering the Player is only 6 months old.

3. DaveLad

DaveLad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just bought this player today and the first disc I tried on it was the Alien Directors Cut. I too got the same imperfections... had thought it was the cheap player and was all set to take it back!

I think I'll give another disc a play to see if its affected as well. DO you notice this on any other discs?

Dave

4. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,945
    Seamless Branching works differently on different discs, some players which have no problem playing Independence Day or The Abyss which both use seamless branching to put 2 versions of the film on 1 disc could have problems with the Alien films. I would be interested to know if anyone had contacted Fox about this as it seems the majority of players have problems with the Alien films which I would have thought they would find quite serious as it would effect sells.

5. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +469
    Jamo DVR50 - no problems at all with Alien Director's cut

BUT some lipsync issues at times with Aliens Director's SE (re-released one)

6. Metallifux

Metallifux

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's the first disk I have had any problems with mate.