1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ALien directors cut, which is your fave version?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by stewarthollyhea, Apr 13, 2004.

1. stewarthollyhea

stewarthollyhea

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just watchthe directors cut of alien and Ihave to admit i preferred it i thought it was leaner and the new scene didnt seemout of place to me. Which version do you guys prefer ?

2. shoestring25

shoestring25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +210
    i watched all of them in the quadrilogy boxset. i did like the new directors cut of alien better, and prefer the special edition version of aliens.

however i didnt like the new cut of alien 3 quite as much, don't get me wrong, good to have seen it and all the missing bits but it is still a god awful mess of a filim what ever way you edit it.

alien resurection new cut not much different i didnt like the new begining the new ending felt like a scene out out planet of the apes.

3. G a f f e r

G a f f e r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +484
    Alien - both cuts excellent (extra Dallas scene slows the action a bit) [horror]
    Aliens - director's cut best [action]
    Alien 3 - new cut is closer to the book and makes more sense (still can't figure out how an egg got on the Sulaco though) [morbid]

Alien Resurrection - Rubbish full stop [comedy] :)

4. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I preferred the new cut of Alien 3 but would have included these 2 sequences, i prefer the dog busting out scene and i prefer to see the alien queen doing its stuff near the end of the film (( won't mention the scene for those who still haven't seen the film ))

I like Alien Directors special edition version (( refuse to call it a directors cut as the original version is the version the director wanted ))

5. shoestring25

shoestring25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +210
    yes i prefer the dog busting out scene more