Alien boxset

is at that price :)

Yes, my copy from Amazon is due this Saturday....

1 Alien Anthology [Blu-ray] £19.98 1 £19.98

HummerUK

When will the individual releases be made available in the UK, I thought it was May time, yet no pre-orders anywhere.

When will the individual releases be made available in the UK, I thought it was May time, yet no pre-orders anywhere.

At under £20.00 for all four films I doubt they would sell very well...

My boxset arrived today on schedule :)

HummerUK

Why would you even bother???:confused:

Get the awesome box-set at this knockdown price, watch the films you like and leave the others on the shelf!

Get the awesome box-set at this knockdown price, watch the films you like and leave the others on the shelf!
That's fair enough, but I still feel dirty and ashamed that I've paid money for Alien Resurrection yet again. I even. . . I even watched it too. Feel.....so.....filthy.......

Agree it's like having ID4 and Transformers in your collection.

Woah there. ID4 and Transformers (first one!) are guilty pleasure popcorn movies, whereas Alien Resurrection is a load of old cobblers.

No, the question should be:

"Why the hell haven't you bought this yet? Why? At £20, what exactly is the reason? "

You don't like ALL of the movies? I'd gladly pay £20 to own the first two movies alone. £10 each for Alien and Aliens? That a bargain right there. £20 for Alien would be a bargain, as far as I'm concerned. One of the best sci-fi movies ever made? A wealth of extra materials?

Spilt milk at that price point. Get it cleaned up and stop complaining.

Is it pride? To quote Marcellus Wallace:
"That's pride ****ing with you. **** pride. Pride only hurts. It never helps. You fight through that ****."

Last edited:
No, the question should be:

"Why the hell haven't you bought this yet? Why? At £20, what exactly is the reason? "

No, I have the boxset, a day 1 purchase, but as mentioned, I just don't want 3+4 in my collection :p strange some may feel but it's the way I am :D I always prefer uniformity, so the individual releases will look better on my shelf than the boxset, as it's the only one I have it stands out a mile (IMO) which is why I will be shortly swapping out the US release of "Bridge on the River Kwai" for the UK amaray one, simply because it will match :devil:

Last edited:
I ordered this at £18.06 from amazon on Friday. Like some I detest the last 2 films so was waiting for the sub £20 mark. No problem paying under a Tenner each for the first 2 and having 2 coasters ;-)
seriously looking forward to revisiting Alien and Aliens

In another thread, not very long ago and not too far away, people are talking about shelling out £69 on Day 1 for a not disimilar boxed set release.

I strongly suspect that many of these newly-purchased sets will remain in their shrink-wrap unwatched for several weeks or even months.

There should be lesson for us all in this thread.

Steve W

That's fair enough, but I still feel dirty and ashamed that I've paid money for Alien Resurrection yet again. I even. . . I even watched it too. Feel.....so.....filthy.......

Close your eyes and repeat after me:

I didnt watch it...
There was no alien 4...

(although personally Im with the 'guilty pleasure' brigade on this one):D

Close your eyes and repeat after me:

I didnt watch it...
There was no alien 4...

(although personally Im with the 'guilty pleasure' brigade on this one):D

I can see where the guilt comes from but not the pleasure ;)

Can you buy just Alien and Aliens for £20? ;-)

Can you buy just Alien and Aliens for £20? ;-)

They are being released singly in the US. Surely follow on here so you will probably get them in a 2 for £20 shortly. ;-)

In another thread, not very long ago and not too far away, people are talking about shelling out £69 on Day 1 for a not disimilar boxed set release.

I strongly suspect that many of these newly-purchased sets will remain in their shrink-wrap unwatched for several weeks or even months.

There should be lesson for us all in this thread.

Steve W
If you build it they will come?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom