• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Alien boxset

HummerUK

Yes, my copy from Amazon is due this Saturday....

1 Alien Anthology [Blu-ray] £19.98 1 £19.98

HummerUK

spearce8

When will the individual releases be made available in the UK, I thought it was May time, yet no pre-orders anywhere.

HummerUK

When will the individual releases be made available in the UK, I thought it was May time, yet no pre-orders anywhere.

At under £20.00 for all four films I doubt they would sell very well...

My boxset arrived today on schedule :)

HummerUK

Geoff_D

Distinguished Member
Why would you even bother???:confused:

Get the awesome box-set at this knockdown price, watch the films you like and leave the others on the shelf!
That's fair enough, but I still feel dirty and ashamed that I've paid money for Alien Resurrection yet again. I even. . . I even watched it too. Feel.....so.....filthy.......

Geoff_D

Distinguished Member
Woah there. ID4 and Transformers (first one!) are guilty pleasure popcorn movies, whereas Alien Resurrection is a load of old cobblers.

Steve McQueef

Distinguished Member
Why would you even bother???:confused:
No, the question should be:

"Why the hell haven't you bought this yet? Why? At £20, what exactly is the reason? "

You don't like ALL of the movies? I'd gladly pay £20 to own the first two movies alone. £10 each for Alien and Aliens? That a bargain right there. £20 for Alien would be a bargain, as far as I'm concerned. One of the best sci-fi movies ever made? A wealth of extra materials?

Spilt milk at that price point. Get it cleaned up and stop complaining.

Is it pride? To quote Marcellus Wallace:
"That's pride ****ing with you. **** pride. Pride only hurts. It never helps. You fight through that ****."

Last edited:

spearce8

No, the question should be:

"Why the hell haven't you bought this yet? Why? At £20, what exactly is the reason? "

No, I have the boxset, a day 1 purchase, but as mentioned, I just don't want 3+4 in my collection :p strange some may feel but it's the way I am :D I always prefer uniformity, so the individual releases will look better on my shelf than the boxset, as it's the only one I have it stands out a mile (IMO) which is why I will be shortly swapping out the US release of "Bridge on the River Kwai" for the UK amaray one, simply because it will match :devil:

Last edited:

featherhall

Distinguished Member
I ordered this at £18.06 from amazon on Friday. Like some I detest the last 2 films so was waiting for the sub £20 mark. No problem paying under a Tenner each for the first 2 and having 2 coasters ;-)
seriously looking forward to revisiting Alien and Aliens

Pecker

Distinguished Member
In another thread, not very long ago and not too far away, people are talking about shelling out £69 on Day 1 for a not disimilar boxed set release.

I strongly suspect that many of these newly-purchased sets will remain in their shrink-wrap unwatched for several weeks or even months.

There should be lesson for us all in this thread.

Steve W

lucasisking

Distinguished Member
That's fair enough, but I still feel dirty and ashamed that I've paid money for Alien Resurrection yet again. I even. . . I even watched it too. Feel.....so.....filthy.......

Close your eyes and repeat after me:

I didnt watch it...
There was no alien 4...

(although personally Im with the 'guilty pleasure' brigade on this one):D

bosque

Distinguished Member
Close your eyes and repeat after me:

I didnt watch it...
There was no alien 4...

(although personally Im with the 'guilty pleasure' brigade on this one):D

I can see where the guilt comes from but not the pleasure ;)

featherhall

Distinguished Member
Can you buy just Alien and Aliens for £20? ;-)

They are being released singly in the US. Surely follow on here so you will probably get them in a 2 for £20 shortly. ;-)

Geoff_D

Distinguished Member
In another thread, not very long ago and not too far away, people are talking about shelling out £69 on Day 1 for a not disimilar boxed set release.

I strongly suspect that many of these newly-purchased sets will remain in their shrink-wrap unwatched for several weeks or even months.

There should be lesson for us all in this thread.

Steve W
If you build it they will come?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom