Alien Box Set

RON

Standard Member
Has anyone seen the alien box set R2 cheap or mad max ive found mad max box set for 18 pounds on 101cd here

phil_evans

Standard Member
R1 Alien Legacy (Box Set) is ~£37 at Play.com. Not sure if thats a great price, but its a lot better than HMV in-store (5 disk box is reduced from £69.99 to £49.99).

Anyone seen anything better than this - I know someone suggested Woolys might do it 1/2 price after Xmas...

Gliese 581c

Distinguished Member
I havent seen it lower than 45-50 quid.

The region2 version is much better than the region1 (alien trilogy)

Garrett

Its £49.99 at MVC as well.
If you hang on I’m sure it should come down lower than that, as it has been £29.99 and a bit less in the past in a few places. Just like the Godfather Box set which goes up and down in price.

RON

Standard Member
I hope it comes down more i was hoping for £29 in wollies but they dont seem to have it in stock in my area to reduce it still im going to hold of for a while.the same for the god father ive heard it s can get as low as £19.

ytgti

Standard Member
Originally posted by RON
Has anyone seen the alien box set cheap
£36 (R4) @ ezydvd. Dont know about delivery i didn't look into it, think its a couple of$$

Might order it!:)

buns

Banned
Is this set not due for replacement before too long? I could swear i heard mumblings of a dts track

ad

Geezer

Novice Member
Originally posted by buns
Is this set not due for replacement before too long? I could swear i heard mumblings of a dts track

ad
Ive read something like that too, dont think ill bother replacing if its just for DTS, DD 5.1 is fine for me.

fccabs

Standard Member
Fox have confirmed that 2003 will be a "big year for the Alien films" and that the insinuation was that a revamped box set would be available sometime this year

RON

Standard Member
£47 in WHS but if the news is true the old box sets might get cheaper .If the new box set is just dts then that wont interest me as i only have dolby 5.1.

A

AndersR

You can preorder the new alien 9 disc R1 boxset from dvdsoon for 70 cad, which is about 30£

G

Garbo

Originally posted by AndersR
You can preorder the new alien 9 disc R1 boxset from dvdsoon for 70 cad, which is about 30£

Yeah, wait for the 9 disk Alien quadrilogy, its around £30 at dvdsoon, also spend another $30 and you'll get free shipping.

Ian Carter

Novice Member
Originally posted by RON
£47 in WHS but if the news is true the old box sets might get cheaper .If the new box set is just dts then that wont interest me as i only have dolby 5.1.
All indications are that The Quadrilogy will include a rehashed version of Alien 3 with alot of the original stuff that was cut out put back in - some are calling it a 'Directors Cut' although Fincher said he would have nothing to do with it.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q950T Soundbar Review, Filmmaker Mode, Disney+ $30 for Mulan, AV news and more
Top Bottom