Alien Anthology being released on January 16, 2012?

Ewan154

nwgarratt

Looks like just new packaging unless the current blu ray case version comes with what looks like that slipcase.

rojgelf

Distinguished Member
Says 4 discs on amazn so maybe extras are being dropped, I think that cover is same as current french released.

MrKennedy

Novice Member
the extras are fantastic, that's a ridiculous move considering the price you buy it for now

A very bizzarre move to rerelease with different artwork especially being that its already changed twice!... I personally own v2 of the anthology (digipack slim) to start with i hated it but i actually quite like it now. Its still sealed though, really should get around to watching them! Lol.

I do like that new artwork style but if it doesnt contain extras then what a flop!... Why do studios keep changing all these editions when theyve barely released any of there other catalogue titles to date?...

spearce8

Novice Member
I see individual releases are also available from Jan 30th, can finally get rid of the complete set, and just opt for the first 2.........I know :p

Steven

Senior Moderator
Only thing is that buying Alien and Aliens would cost twice as much as the box set - either version!

Don't mind the new art myself

Pikaia

Standard Member
the 6 disc is going for a great price at the moment in hmv,and you get all the bonus extras, the only reason i can see for buying this new set would be the art work. they maybe releasing this set because of the new movie due out in the summer.

Turnskin

Standard Member
I may be wrong(sorry if I am!) but is it not something to do with with the 4k remasters and Dolby/Dts remixes on some of the films?

rojgelf

Distinguished Member
Maybe now original set is so cheap they are going to discontinue and replace with this cheaper to produce set.

SuperAshcroft

Novice Member
A very bizzarre move to rerelease with different artwork especially being that its already changed twice!

I know of the original version, with the folding box in a slipbox, then the 6 disc amaray in the slipbox, but what was the 3rd version of the current set?

bosque

Novice Member
I may be wrong(sorry if I am!) but is it not something to do with with the 4k remasters and Dolby/Dts remixes on some of the films?

They would be those brand new 4k remasters which nobody else has heard of and which you have been given some exclusive information about.

rebel_scum

Distinguished Member
Look for another boxset, whenever Prometheus arrives and another when it arrives on BD and another when...

Turnskin

Standard Member
bosque said:
They would be those brand new 4k remasters which nobody else has heard of and which you have been given some exclusive information about.

Ooh sarcasm on the Internet,how fun! Just something I thought I'd read,wasn't trolling.After looking it up online it appears that's what they already had,so I wasn't wrong just out of date! Suprised you hadn't already heard of it...

Sick Boy

Ooh sarcasm on the Internet,how fun! Just something I thought I'd read,wasn't trolling.After looking it up online it appears that's what they already had,so I wasn't wrong just out of date! Suprised you hadn't already heard of it...

I thought you were being sarcastic. I think what you probably read was that this is the 4000th release of alien on the home video format :D

Turnskin

Standard Member
Sick Boy said:
I thought you were being sarcastic. I think what you probably read was that this is the 4000th release of alien on the home video format :D

I'll accept that one coz at least it's funny :) I was right with what I said just a year late! The 4k thing and DD/Dts blah was done for the original blu ray.Ive no idea what the new addition is for then.Ive now got a set up fancy enough to do it justice I reckon.Is it worth buying old or waiting for the new? Or is that the point,no one knows!? :p

Marv

Alien got 4K scanned for blu. Aliens was a new transfer not sure if it was 4K though and Alien 3 and resurection got the masters made for the dvd quad recylced.

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
nwgarratt said:
Aliens was 4k too.

Aliens astounded me. The clarity and detail was amazing, particularly as my memories of the film stem from a rented VHS copy that was like watching through a murky fish tank.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Amazon Music fully available on Android TV and Google TV platforms
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Sony announces A90J UK/EU price and March availability
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 27th February 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M3x Vinyl phono stage