Alicante Car Hire

Tuddy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Planning on going to see Father-in-law in Spain for his 80th early October and just asking for any recommendations for hiring a car.

There will be four adults so at least three cases so I was thinking of an estate or MPV.

Last time I hired a car in Portugal (2007) we were burgled and the car was nicked, that was a fun day picking up a replacement back at the airport and talking to the police.:eek:

Thanks,
Danny.

Try money supermarket. You’ll need a credit card in the lead drivers name with at least £1k available, possibly £2k.

If you hire cars quite a lot then probably cheaper to get an independent excess insurance policy.

Avoid the ones with unrealistically low prices who rip you off with fuel charges and compulsory extra insurance when you pick the car up eg. Argoscarhire, goldcar

I have used www.carhirebible.com the last few times they compare all the companies, they book through rentalcars but give you a more personalised service. Its best to take out a yearly insurance policy too as what the car hire companies sell at the location is a rip off.

Pick a company that has a presence in the airport terminal. Check the car over before driving off and take pics of all the body work.
Go for a big name like Avis or hertz. They look more expensive but aren't.

Doyouspain are just a broker so you could still end up with a poor car hire company. It's a bit like recommending uswitch as a good utility supplier
That very well may be the case, but on the 3 occasions we have used them we had excellent service

That very well may be the case, but on the 3 occasions we have used them we had excellent service
I'd be surprised if you even had the same actual car hire company. I agree they are good for getting prices but you need to research the companies they find

I'd be surprised if you even had the same actual car hire company. I agree they are good for getting prices but you need to research the companies they find
Since I have no need of a hire car I can let someone else do the research

I can highly recommend All inclusive car hire at Alicante, Majorca, Valencia, Santiago, Bilbao & Girona airports - Drivalia ! used them many times before, go for the Ultimate cover as this covers everything (fuel is a full/full deal) and no need to leave CC deposit, having been ripped off before with 'low deal offers' I have not had a problem with Drivalia.

They are just off site from the airport but pick you up in a minibus (5 min drive) to their depot and also seem to have newer cars than some of the others.

Last edited:
There are good guides on tripadviser with regards to CarHire. have followed their advice a couple of times in Menorca and its been a doddle

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom