1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alias

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Greg Hook, Jul 11, 2004.

1. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,078
    Hi

I have just finished watching the excellent Season 2 of Alias on DVD and want more!

I noticed Season 3 is currently on Bravo. Could someone tell me what episode they are at and if it will be repeated from the start of S3 again soon?

Thanks
    Greg

2. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    im a mad alias fan been watching for years now ! got both R1 Series of Alias. As to the Bravo Ep's im not sure what there on cos i d/l them from net as they aired in the states in HD :) so i finished the series months ago ! however i can tell you that R1 S3 will be out on the 9th of Sept IIRC

3. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think Jennifer Garners yum i have a picture gallery of her on my site and i'm wondering if Alias worth buying on DVD, i mean what is the series about and is it gritty or fun or dark or light ? ( i would prefer dark to light and gritty and fun )

4. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
    right before i rave on about it.......alias is very very far fetched ! thats it. now...................alias is sososososososo so so great IMO 1stly the lovely lovely jennifer garner is brilliant in it but also are her co-stars ! me personally think it is "dark" and "light" but very very tense again IMO. you wont hear a bad word about it from me. well i d/l the pilot many moons ago and havnt looked back as i was hooked from the start! its a close runner to 24 IMHO but i still prefer Jack B :)

ermm proably not the best review of it looking over my post :rotfl: but im biased ! maybe some 1 else should shed light on it but i know that some online retailers were shipping S1 very cheap a few weeks ago

ps "what is the series about"...one word Rombaldi. right sydney works for a CIA cell called SD-6. the leader of this is a man called arvin sloan whose sole life ambition is to find out as much as he can about rombaldi.....all gets explained in 1st episode so i wont go into detail ;) imo id go get it if your into this stuff. gets good ratings in the u.s as well

5. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +76
  6. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I love 'Alias', it is a great show.

Obviously it is about a spy working for corruption in america (CIA), with various personal and family tragedies haunting her along the way.

If you want the first series, I have the R1 first season I want to flog as I have already watched it ages. I'll put it up in the classifieds if you are interested. LMK.

7. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    i'll pop in another - "you have to watch this post" just finished s2 on DVD watched the whole thing in 2 days - WOW! cant wait for S3 in september.

(Now only two weeks until by 3rd annual 24 fest weekend :clap: )

Gary

8. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I just finished watching season 2 as well - really loved it. Can't wait for S3...

I have to agree about the fact it can be far fetched at times, especially when you compare it to the recent catastrophic failures by the CIA & MI5 regarding 9/11 & Iraq. In the tv show they can find anyone anywhere in about 12 hours, somehow they aren't quite so effective in real life! :laugh: Despite that the show is very strong, one of the best US shows in years :smashin:

9. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Alias is the first show I have decided to wait for the DVD release although that is more to do with deleting the first half of season 3 when I heard it was going to be shown in the UK after all.
    Then I realised Bravo would be 4:3 and logo'd up to high heaven, never mind the anticipation and satisfaction will be so much greater for waiting:)

10. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    Sorry for the random bump, but I didn't want to post in the other threads as they were all talking about S5

OMG :eek: Watched the climax to S2 last night. Now after the all-action S1 with the lovely Jennifer trotting from location to location, I thought the first 1.5 discs of the S2 box set was very mediocre

But things picked up and how. Spoilers ahead blanked out.
    Interaction between Sydney's parents is hilarious. (Sexual) tension and fighting over the daughter, very funny. I also love Sark, that good looking British bastard :laugh: :p "You are so good you know that?" (gushing over Sydney).

Jack Bristow being interrogated by SD6 counter-intelligence head, "There's only two ways to get the information out of me and I think both of us would prefer the torture" :laugh:

Lot more humour used in this series than the first but I liked the direction. A special mention to Marshall as well - move over Chloe and Sam - there's only one geek

Looking forward to S3 box set now given that ending to S2 :smashin:

11. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,078
    Crikey! This is a very old thread you found started by me. :smashin:

S3 & S4 are pretty decent in places. Just waiting for S5 to come down in price, only 17 episodes for the final season, I think it took a massive downturn when Jenny and Ben made a baby.

12. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    lol I am way behind everyone else. Going to start on S3 Alias tonight. Also trying to avoid these 24 threads - I am still waiting for S6 to come out on DVD!!!

Also loved the humour when Jennifer was asked to
    change from a black number to red (and she is gorgeous)... later on punching the guy, "what was wrong with the black?!"
    :laugh:

Refreshing that they could combine humour with action and pull it off. Will be interested in how S3 progresses - but can I just say I am bored of Rambaldi. Its the other elements of the storyline keeping me glued

13. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,078
    Yeah, without spoiling any future episodes, I'm pretty sure the Rambaldi storyline is resolved in S2 or maybe 3. Some very good episodes coming up now that I think about it more. Especially

when

and

also

14. KevD

KevD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,564
    The red was kind of nice :devil:

One of m fave its in S2 has to be
    Marshall on his first operation and tells the guards to "Go away I can smell you from here" in Ewok
    :rotfl:

15. Mark_a

Mark_a

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +469
    Actually, I think the Rambaldi arc was Alias's undoing. It never really gelled with the semi-realistic spy stuff, being more out and out SciFi than James Bond or Bourne. I think the fourth season is the weakest being more or less all about the Rambaldi tosh at the expense of all the good run-of-the-mill CIA action. The series in general is also noteworthy for having some of the very best girl on girl punch-ups ever filmed.

Was kinda fun that the real CIA got JG to play Sydney on their real life recruitment web page. Only in America, as they say.

Generally a fun series and JG carries it all on her broad shoulders with aplomb.

Regards

Mark

16. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    Well there was nothing wrong with the black ;) :devil: :D

I love Marshall and his lines. Like when he
    was giving Dixon aftershave. "I think this scent would be great on you. Not that there is anything wrong with how you smell now... is that your natural scent? Because I think your natural scent is still very nice but this new scent I think really suits you.... (to Sloane) I notice you're not wearing the tie I gave you?" Then Sloane blanks him "...anyway" :rotfl:

17. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    I bought season 4 in New York nearly 2 years ago and i'm still only half way through it. I've found it a real slog. i've heard that S5 (the last one) is much better, but i have to get through the rest of S4 first and then shellout my hard earned on S5.

Is it worth it? or should a give up and flog it?

Gary

18. KevD

KevD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,564
    He is a funny dude, another Marshall classic scene (not sure on season)
    is hacking into the NSA using his modded XBox
    :clap:

Stick with it, cant remember mush of 4 as its been a while but the Season ends are always good, especially the S4 ending! and I thought S5 was good aswell :)

19. nwgarratt

nwgarratt
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,820
    Keep an eye on HMV. I picked up S5 for £17.99 after they did the £13.99 misprice.