1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alias Series 3

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Stellavision, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Anyone have any idea when Alias series 3 is likely to hit UK tv screens?

2. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
  3. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Thanks GG. Someone suggests an airing on CH5 sometime after September 2004. That last two series have been aired on Sky before going out on terrestrial. I would hope this to be the case againe with series 3.

4. Jim_E

Jim_E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Apparently Alias season 3 will be shown on Bravo from March 14th at 9pm (according to a post on another forum.) Sky evidently didn't pick up the third season due to low viewing figures for season 2 (although moving it to mix halfway through can't have helped!)

Presumably no widescreen but at least we don't have to wait until September.

5. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I really can't fathom this at all.

Why does Alias get such low ratings?

I don't accept that its because its on at an uncivilised hour as people would watch it and it would be moved.

AFAIC it's absolutely superb when compared to the ****e they put on prime-time on sky1 such as jake 2.0, dinotopia, dark angel, endless banal repeats of simpsons episodes you know all the lines to.

6. Jim_E

Jim_E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    I can't understand it either. Its a great series and better than most on Sky right now. In fact I think both the heavily promoted Handler and Jake 2.0 have both now been cancelled in the US - you'd think Sky would stick with a show that was pretty much guaranteed to get a full 22 episode run rather than take a chance on unknowns. Perhaps if they had promoted it as well as the shows they have this season...

Maybe people in this country just haven't taken to it like 24 for instance. I'd like to see a full list of the ratings Alias did get on Sky (and Five, where it seems to be getting messed around as well) to compare them to some other shows to see if Sky were justified. Sky has a history of not sticking with good shows - remember that Sky One was the channel that stopped showing Buffy a few years back and only showed it again because the BBC showings got a lot of interest!

7. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +849
    I couldn't get into 24, too hard going for me.

The only reason i watched a couple of episodes is for the delectable Elisha Cuthbert.

8. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Alias is one of the very few programmes which I couldn't miss. The story lines are cool, Jennifer Garner looks great and every week ends with a cliff hanger that keeps you coming back.
    I got really narked when the last season got moved from Sky One to Sky Mix because I didn't have Sky Mix at the time!:mad:
    Now I have every available channel with NTL and they are airing series 3 on Bravo:eek: I usually only watch something on Bravo when I'm channel hopping and something on their catches my eye for 10 minutes! It's definately not the sort of channel I'd expect to see a quality series on.

When I first saw the Handler advertized I thought, Hmm, this looks promising, perhaps a similar Alias. I managed half an episode and turned over .:thumbsdow Some one please tell me if it's got better and if I'm missing something.

As a final question, could you get DD 5.1 with the last two series with Sky Plus?

9. Jim_E

Jim_E

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    No 5.1 on Sky's showings of Alias, nor for that matter on any channel other than the Movie ones (as far as I know)

I presume it is shown in 5.1 in the US - and of course it is also in HD as well. It'll be a while before we can see things like Alias in HD in this country I'd wager (and its a topic for another forum!) but I'm keeping an eye on the temperature in hell just in case

10. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    Another random bump from me :p Halfway through the S3 box set now. Posting here as Henry posts a spoiler in the very first sentence of his thread, though luckily I stopped reading too far :rolleyes:

Still loving it. Less humour than S2, more action but for the better I feel. Not sure about the need for Jennifer to get into all these outfits, but hey then again red/black/rainbow suits her... :devil:

Spoiler:
    So I got to the bit where it is explained what happened to the 2 years of her life. Milo :censored: Rambaldi?! Why oh why has that God forsaken name come back?! Series has been brilliant so far as it "hasn't" been about him.

A special mention for the interaction between Ron Rifkin (Sloane) and Jennifer. Playing the part brilliantly I feel and I actually had sympathy for Arvin before
    it was hinted he was up to old tricks! (being blackmailed to kill Sydney)

Watching disc 4 tonight :smashin:

11. featherhall

featherhall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,489
    It is a fantastic TV show. Man, Jennifer Garner made it so easy to watch as well. The red wig (I think it was in season one) is still my favourite moment in the show (as well as the airplane scene :devil:).
    Seriously great stuff, although it dipped a bit on the first half of the last season (due to Jennifer Garner being pregnant in real life) - although it picked up again quickly enough.

I really miss it, as well as The Sopranos. The 2 best shows that will be no more.

12. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    I quite like the blonde though :D :devil:

In changing room~
    "Which outfit do you think my husband will like?"
    "I prefer the black"
    "Red it is"

And Quentin Tarantino is always good to see on screen
    "You two will be heading up our new North-American cell"
    Sark: "That sounds just about right"
    "You're cockier than I am... I like that about you"

13. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    Was that meant to be the season finale? Well that was underwhelming. Sure it was a cliffhanger, but it felt like a mid-season episode, not the big finish for the whole season - see the end to Alias S2 for how its meant to be done ;)

Other than that, brilliant series - hooked from beginning to end

I will finish with a quote taken out of the season, which is very apt for the whole of Alias S3

14. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    Just watched the 2 part beginning to Season 4

Simply the best opening to a television series I have EVER seen. Outstanding and it is taking every ounce of my willpower not to watch on as I need to get up early

15. featherhall

featherhall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,489

lol, know what you mean. That is the big danger of watching boxsets. I have just rewatched the first 5 series of Sopranos, and was watching up to 6 episodes a night it was so addictive.
    When I watched Alias it was exactly the same. I reckon I'll re-watch Alias as well.

16. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,211
    :(

Its a sad moment people. Tonight I will watch the last 3 episodes in season 4 of Alias. What a series. Got a bit weary but the massive plot development 3/4 way through was a shocker

I am sad as I have still yet to buy season 5 on DVD. Man, I am still suffering from Jack Bauer withdrawal symptoms (S6 24 not out on DVD till autumn :(), so I do not know how I will cope, now that imho I consider Alias to be better than 24