1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alias season 2 region 2 DVD fault?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by thirst, Jan 20, 2005.

1. thirst

thirst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Alias season 2 region 2 DVD fault?

Last night I was trying to watch the episode "phase one" - s2 ep 12?- you know the episode, the one that starts with the AC/DC music "back in black" then we see Sydney (Jennifer Garner) in lots of slow panning shots up her body as she's wearing only sexy lingerie on a plane. :smashin:

Now you remember don't you! ;)

As you can imagine I wasn't very happy about this since it is my favourite alias episode and I couldn't just sit down and enjoy it. :mad:

Anyway to the problem. I noticed that during this episode that the rear speakers didn't sound quite right when playing this 5.1 DVD. They were giving off a kind of static sound, not loudly, and some of the music was heard but barely audible. The front stage sounded Clear and fine with no problems. I don't think I've noticed this with any other Alias episodes from season 2 although sometimes I watch with headphones.

I tried a couple of other DVDs to make sure it wasn't a speaker problem, trying the Fifth Element Special Edition and the speakers sounded fine, the same with an episode of farscape season 2.

Has anybody else had any problems with this episode or any other Alias season 2 episodes?

any help is appreciated.

2. Kopite4Ever

Kopite4Ever

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
    Ratings:
    +76
    i have the region 1 of this series and tried the episode. its 13 by the way ;) and there is sort of noise in the surrounds but i think thats to give the whole feel of being on a plane. it sounds totally natural and fine. hope this help

3. thirst

thirst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    a little thanks bauer , I'd like to hear from some region 2 owners aswell.