1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ali - Reg 1..my brief thoughts

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by museumsteve, Apr 22, 2002.

1. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,020
    absolute rubbish.watched it last night and sold it this morning. Total tosh IMO..:)

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Museum Steve,

1) You say "absolute rubbish", but are you talking about the movie, the DVD, or both?

2) Why is the movie/DVD rubbish? I mean, this is a Michael Mann film, and I can't think of a really, REALLY bad film that he's made. Even his lesser works have still been pretty good, and as I haven't seen "Ali" yet, I'd like to hear why you don't like it.

Cheers.

Pooch

3. dc007

dc007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    I had the dubious privilege of going to the world premier back in October. Utter tripe. Mann appeared unsure whether to treat it as a political story or a boxing story, and thus failed to convince on either count. The long, drawn out build up to the Rumble in the Jungle was excruciatingly painful. That said, Will Smith was superb in the role, both in acting and physique. The film was a bladder-busting 2 3/4 hrs long, and no toilet facilities were provided by the venue. It was a black tie affair, packed to capacity (Prince Charles attended), and all in all a huge disappointment.....