1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ali G da movie

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Shoka, Mar 27, 2002.

1. Shoka

Shoka

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +239
    Just seen Alig in da house. I am a great lover of Ali G, but found the film to put it bluntly RUBISH!!!! It starts of well with the normal tounge in cheek Ali G humour, but in my opinion lost its funnyness after the opening scene. Dont get me wrong it has got some truly side splitting moments but not at all what I was expecting from who i thought was the funiest man alive.
    IMO the film should not have been made, and Ali g should have left it alone after the last series.

The film is about ali and crew, who find out that thier local hang out the John Nike lesuire centre is bieng knocked down, coincedently the John Nike Lesuire centre is not even in staines, its in Bracknell, about 15 miles from staines (I know I used to live there). so the deputy PM employs Ali offering to save the centre, Ali takes the job and all sorts of shenanigans occur he gets banned from parliment, joins the cabinet and gets all the world leaders stoned. one thing that did make me chuckle was the way that intermitantly Ali interupts the film to give his point of view to all the women watching the film.

The film ends and every one lives happily ever after, with lesuire centre saved.

I think that this would have made a better, "straight to video" release thana cinema film amd on that give it a pretty miserable 2/10.

2. pointon

pointon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I hope this absymal movie destroys this pathetic stereotype and his 'career' and removes him from our pop-culture.

3. dUnKle

dUnKle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,333
    Aiiiii !!

4. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I think he was absolutely brilliant at interviewing people before he became famous, but like harry enfield i think he should have the courage to kill off his creation and move on...

Don't think I will bother with the film!

5. js

js

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Completely agree with Shoka.
    I was a huge fan of Ali G but this film although having some funny moments was absolutely dire.
    Do not go and see it and don't rent it either.