Alexa won't find my Philips Smart TV

PaulieV1971

Novice Member
Hello,

Thank you in advance for your time and patience.

I bought a Philips 43PUS8505/12 (The One) smart TV, which is compatible with Alexa.
I have the Alexa app set up on my Iphone and I'm able to discover the smart appliances in my house. Now I am struggling with my new TV. I can not find a way to link it to Alexa, I have searched on the internet for the solution but so far without result.

What have I done?
  1. I set up my TV using my Google account as requested during set up;
  2. I enabled the Philips Voice Control Skill in the Alexa app (which is a different e-mailaddress then my Google account);
  3. The skill requests that I log into my Amazon account, while in the manual they show using your Google account to log in;
  4. When I try to discover Alexa tells me there are no new discoveries.

What I am doing wrong and how can I link my smart TV to Alexa? It seems logical that I must use my Google account to make this connection since this is the login for my TV. But how? Please help!

craigj

Did you get it working? I’ve the same TV and have added the skill and can find the tv in Alexa but then just says device is unresponsive

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom