Alexa commands for LG TV annoyance

CaptnSpaulding

Hi all,

Has anyone managed to get their Alexa devices to work right with their LG TVs for commands such as changing volume or channels?

For some reason, I can turn the TV off fine, but if I ask to “turn tv volume up/down” I get a notification saying that feature or content is not available.

However, if I ask the same command and say ‘LG TV’ instead of just ‘TV’, then I get a whole story from Alexa about ThinkQ and the function has complete.

Maybe I’m being picky, but if the volume isn’t adequate and I have to ask Alexa to turn the volume up another 3 times, it gets a tad annoying and you might as well just look for the remote and not bother with voice commands which defeats the object of having the feature (which I like if works).

There was an issue with turning the TV on no matter which command I used. However I created a ‘routine’ within the Alexa app to fix this so now I can turn the tv on and off.

Anything I’m doing wrong? Everything is linked and I’ve re-connected everything through the apps.

Thanks

KBD

I've found the voice command function on my CX to be about as useful a sieve for drinking tea.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom